Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going wireless

Options
  • 09-03-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I want to no about going wireless. do i have to hook up my modem to my phone line in order to have wireless broadband or can i just attach it to the computer without plugging it to the phone line box. please help............. CONFUSED .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You need to connect a wireless router to your modem and that allows you to sit anywhere in your house and coneect to your internet connection. You'll also need to have wireless cards or adapters on any computers on the network.

Routers are cheap enough... you should be able to pick one up for about €50. Or you can get a router and modem in one for a little bit more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I just got a Wireless Access Point, plugged it into my router (which wasnt wireless), got some network adapters (USB are the easiest) and ta-da im wireless. Iv a fairly large house and have signal pretty much everywhere. Even in the building just a few meters in front of the access point!

Its worth every bit of cash I spent. :)

Advertisement