Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winfast A6600GT Nvidia Card Tv out problem

Options
  • 09-03-2007 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right place to post, but i am wondering if anyone can help.

I have a leadtek winfast a6600gt video card and i just can't get the card to detect my tv at all. just can't get tv out working. really infuriating. i have a crt tv and previously had a radeon 9800 pro which connected to the tv with no problems at all.

i have downloaded and tested numerous driver releases but to no avail.

does anyone have any advice on what to do? i have messed around with the settings, tv mode (I/pal,H/pal) etc etc.

cheers,
    karl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you played around with the tv detection in the drivers?

There is more then likely something in there that will sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

i sure have. nothing is happening. i found the radeon tv interface options a lot easier to deal with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah the nvidia cards are meant to be a lot harder to get to grips with.

The best thing i can suggest is that you email the card manufacturer. Or can someone else help out here?

think i'm gonna just try and trade/swap the card with someone for a radeon one! easier that way... but still, if anyone has any suggestions they'd still be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

What kind of cables/connections are you using ie SVHS to Scart/SVHS or composite?
    It could be a faulty cable. Are you using the same one that you used with the radeon?

• Advertisement

yeah, the cable worked with the radeon. its svhs to composite. but it's the adapter that came with the radeon card. apparently you have to use the adapter that comes with nvidia cards for it to work. or so i've learned from checking aroundother forums. unfortunately i don't have an nvidia adapter though...

right. for future reference, i got a hold of the nvidia adapter thing and now the display works real nice like. so for anyone with the same problem, you have to use the adapter that comes packaged with the card, you can't use a radeon one on an nvidia card. for some reason...

Advertisement