Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New monitor

Options
  • 09-03-2007 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Im thinking of changing my current monitor for something else and have come across this on the dell site:

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=88221

The main uses will obviously be gaming,xbox360,movies

I cant really find any definitive review on this screen. So does anyone own one of these beauties?

Found any problems with it?

The main thing is the price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

User review on wide screen gaming forum states that it need some colour calibration out of the box along with some banding but setting are suggested in the thread to counter that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hey anti why not get a 24" they have diffrent and better panles then 22".

22" are nearly all cheap tn panals.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

I'm amazed at the prices, although they are probably pretty standard. I don't know how much use this will be too you since shipping would be a massive problem, but recently my family returned from China where my father bought a 42" LCD HDTV for around €600 which could have maybe even been bargained lower, there is no dead pixels, the quality is fantastic, there will be some problems if something gets damaged trying to find replacement parts, but will cross that bridge when it comes.

The main reason it's so cheap is that it's a Chinese brand, Taiwanese actually I think. A lot of this stuff will be made from similar parts and in similar factories too the big brand stuff you see in stores here, but because it's aimed for the Chinese market it's priced accordingly and not super inflated for us. Google around for less well known brand's especially Chinese one's and you might find a good bargain.

This is very similar to the one we got however I think our one is made by a sister Chinese company of the one linked, it is Prima also and looks very similar and specs are nearly identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

awhir wrote:
    nope man there is only 2 main company who manke cpus and gfx intel ,amd and nivida and ati/amd.

you will not get it cheap then there market price because nearly all the companys that sell the card.sell the exact same hardware so there is no diffrence.

I thought we were talking about LCDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The situation is fairly similar in the LCD business, most of the manufacturers use the same panels sourced from the same two factories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Panels are only one part of the overall LCD package. For example, the dell and mac cinema display both share the same 30" panel, but the mac has better colour fidelity. Also, dells seem to suffer from minor banding issues when using a DVI connection.

Whats wrong with your viewsonic? I have one too and sure tis great!

Advertisement