Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PC to TV streamers

• 09-03-2007 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi

i have a large music collection on my pc which is in an upstairs room, i want to be able to listen to the music from my pc on my tv, i want to be able to see the actual files and be able to scroll through them with a remote to select my music. I have seen devices such as the Squeezebox and Roku soundbridge but as my music isnt tagged or in the best order i would prefer if i could just scroll through the files on my tv screen

i currently have wireless broadband on this pc and have a decent surround sound dvd player which i would like ideally to listen to the music on.

Any help would be much appreciated, i was looking on Komplett and ebay but dont know if the devices are suitable

Thanks
    P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Depending on how much money you want to spend.

You might be better off going for a seperate storage device and just copying all your mp3's on to it:-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=99317&doy=10m3

If you actually wanted something to share music from a single source (i.e a networked hard drive or pc) around the house, then you might want to look at something a bit more up the range like a sonos www.sonos.com

I reckon sonos is the way to go, but a bit more pricy that the first option. In comparison to what it does against similar systems though it is very very reasonably priced.

Wexfordman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

hauppage media MVP is one way to go, or an Xbox 360.

BTW, if slimserver is missing tags from songs, they are tagged wrong. If ou feel so inclined, you can download MP3tag an manually retag em. Its an ongoing project in this household!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Cleaning up filenames/tags etc is a pain.. I can't vouch for tagging exactly on a Pinnacle Show Center but this may do the job for you. I've got one for sale over on www.adverts.ie (Raising cash for a SONOS)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I used to use one of those Philips TV transmitter thingys for sending Sky or DVD to a TV in another room a few years ago. (Basically a wireless scart cable)

I found that when I streamed the S-video out from my PC to the TV with the transmitter the carrier wave also worked with my wireless mouse and I could use my mouse on the TV to control the PC in another room. Unfortunalty the mouse died and the replacement didn't work as well.

Worth a look at least...

Advertisement