Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murky tap water

Options
  • 09-03-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

People,

I've been living in Charlesland since 2004 and at first the water was the cleanest I've ever seen. In the last few months I've noticed the water with a little yellow-ness in it (no jokes please). I took this for granted and it didn't bother me much as I filter the water I drink.

Only yesterday I was filling up the filter jug and noticed the water was sort of dirty. I then filled up a clear glass with some more tap water and it was filty.

Anyone else notice this or even complained yet?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yes - ours is cloudy since yesterday (we're in the Grove). Only noticed when I was making up the babies bottle last night! Even the water in our filter jug is cloudy, though that may be because I haven't change the filter in about 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

My sister and I noticed that too. We both live in the Grove and thought yesterday it looked yellowish and as I was making the bottles for my fab son last night I wasnt too keen on giving him any today. Can anyone tell me who we can call about this. over a year ago I rang Dukans about this and they told me to get onto the Council who told me to get onto someone else and eventually someone said they came out and tested the water and they said it was fine... I certainly dont think the water is fine at the moment. It wouldnt suprise if ten years down the road I start growing and extra head and arms!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

yes noticed it too. Had to buy a load of bottled water today. Don't even want to make tea with it, it's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It seems a little cloudy alright and tastes chalky.

I had a look at the water in our filter jug and it seems to be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Spoke with the county council, who told me to speak to Greystones Town council, who told me to speak to my management company. I gave out to the town council for telling me to talk to my management company. I then said as a resident of Charlesland I am respresenting the management company and stressed my concern for the quality of water and asked them what they are going to do about it! Anyway they said they would ring me back and didn't. So I got onto Derek in Wyse.

Derek got back to me and told me there was a break in the mains in Kilmacanogue or something and the reservoir for gresytones was low so we were being fed the sediment from this reservoir over the last two days. They expect it to back back to normal in a couple of days.

So if you are concerned and need to drink the water, boil it first!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

So we all get poisoned on polluted water knew wyse would try something on the residents of the wood after their recent rebellion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

woodser wrote:
    So we all get poisoned on polluted water knew wyse would try something on the residents of the wood after their recent rebellion
    Damn them to Hell!!!!!! :D

Nice work Minister Astrofluff. I knew giving you the Environment Portfolio was a good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

was talking to derek this morning, turned out to be a fractured pipe in kilpedder?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

water is still a bit cloudy - any idea how long before its back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i guess it will eventually flush through, cloudyness in water sometimes settles as it might just be bubbles in the water, we have that in the creascent

• Advertisement
Advertisement