Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I entice frogs into my garden?

Options
  • 09-03-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭

Last year, I had a good number of frogs frollicking around the pond in my back garden. Personally, I think they are really cool little creatures, and would love to try and entice them back again this year.

Last year, I had lots of goldfish and koi in the pond, but they have since been eaten by birds (RIP) and I am hoping that the frogs might actually spawn in the pond now that there is nothing to eat the eggs.

Any suggestions as to how I can entice frogs back again? Is there any plants they specifically like? I have a huge water lily which they seem to enjoy sitting on, but any other advice would be cool.

Ever see a frog run? I did last year when I startled one of them and its the funniest looking thing I've ever seen :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

Archeron wrote:

Any suggestions as to how I can entice frogs back again? Is there any plants they specifically like? I have a huge water lily which they seem to enjoy sitting on, but any other advice would be cool.

Try sitting on an adjacent water-lily leaf and make buzzing noises, like a fly or insect :D

sorry, couldnt resist. They are cool little fellas tho, i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

these guys might be able to get you some frog spawn or be able to tell you where to get it.

http://www.knocksinkwood.org/welcome.php

based in Enniskerry, Wicklow.

sounds like a great project!
    d.

Advertisement