Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Process for changing broadband supplier

Options
  • 09-03-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi folks

I am trying to determine the process by which one changes broadband suppliers and would appreciate any input. I have searched comreg.ie and askcomreg.ie and have found plenty of information regarding fixed line telephony (involving third party verification and various other safeguards) but am not sure if this applies equally to broadband or whether there is more or less regulation. I am particularly interested in whether transfer of provider requires the use of a MAC (Migration Access Code) and whether the new and old providers must be contacted, or whether only the new provider needs to be contacted (as is the case with fixed line telephony), and whether the migration process has given rise to mis-selling or other problems. Links or directions to comreg documents/other research/guidelines very welcome

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

With Eircom it's done with a DTAF form. When you receive the form you sign it and send it back in. It takes 10 days to transfer your broadband from when the form reaches Eircom and there is no disturbance with your broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 degustibus

Thank you Orla, seems quite similar to fixed telephony then. Does anyone know whether this has caused problems with mis-selling/slamming?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

orla wrote:
    With Eircom it's done with a DTAF form. When you receive the form you sign it and send it back in. It takes 10 days to transfer your broadband from when the form reaches Eircom and there is no disturbance with your broadband.

I think that is a bit simplistic and does not cover all scenarios.

Of course we don't know if OP is on Eircom or not, or moving from/to which combination of LLU, GLUMP or Bitstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

watty wrote:
    I think that is a bit simplistic and does not cover all scenarios.

Of course we don't know if OP is on Eircom or not, or moving from/to which combination of LLU, GLUMP or Bitstream.

Obviously there are different scenarios, this is the most common one and is relatively new in relation to the customer not being left without bb.

Advertisement