Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

another tracking question .....

Options
  • 09-03-2007 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My car pulls quite noticably to the left when driving in a straight line if for example you dont firmly hold the wheel , and pulls to the left quite strongly if you put the boot down.

I am going to be changing shocks springs and tires soon so i will get tracking done then aswell as balancing.

But my question is could this be anything more serious than just tracking becuase its quite noticable left pull to the car , 3 other friends took it for a spin and noticed this staright away .

should tracking sort it out or could it be more serious? thnks for ur replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Could be something bent, but then again your tracking might just be out. You'll find out when you get your tracking done. By the way, are you sure you need new shocks & springs? Also, have you checked tyre pressures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

yeah thanks for you reply. I hope it is JUST the tracking. Tyre pressure is all in order.

The shocks are very weak and bouncy and i want to change the shocks and springs as personal prefference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Get a complete alignment check done on the front wheels - tracking, camber, castor, etc. Have any setting adjusted to spec if necessary. If any angles are out and are also unadjustable then it's most likely that something is bent or excessively worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Also check that the wear on both front tyres are the same.If not change the back to front before you get tracking done or buy a new set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Hey thanks for the informative replies,

I got the tracking (wheel alignment) and wheel balancing done att he weekend , although a bit better, there is still a noticable pull to the left??

The guy that was doing the job didnt mention anything being out of place, surley he would if there was something bent?

I dont know wat to do next? would this be something serious? anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Tracking is only one aspect of wheel alignment - it would be adviseable to get a complete wheel alignment check. Whoever does this should be able to give you a printout of the settings before and after adjustments.

Advertisement