Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Pro V1s

• 09-03-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried them out yet? Are they in any way noticably better??

Where's the cheapest place to buy them?

McGuirks are 49.95 / doz

Anyone else know ??

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

slumped wrote:
    Anyone tried them out yet? Are they in any way noticably better??

Where's the cheapest place to buy them?

McGuirks are 49.95 / doz

Anyone else know ??

S

That seems a good price there Slump.

What are talking about here...the ProV1x is it or is there a new version of the Prov1 out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

That seems a good price there Slump.

What are talking about here...the ProV1x is it or is there a new version of the Prov1 out

No - it's a new ProV1 - not the x1.

ANyone used them>>

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Not yet. Not playing much lately and hard to judge a ball in these wet conditions too...
    I'll be needing to buy a box very soon though so thanks for the heads-up that there'e a new one available

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I hit a couple, couldn't tell the difference from the old ones to be honest but as above it has been wet and cold so hard to judge driver distance and spin into greens.

Have tried the new nike one platinums too but no real change there that i can see either. Last years nike one platinum and one black can be had for €35 a dozen at the mo and for me at least they play as well as the pro v1 so think I will stick with them...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Picked up a dozen "logo over-runs" in the 'old' pro v1's yesterday for €40
    A mixture of about 10 pro v1's and 2 pro v1x's in the box, but i'm sure you could have played around with the mixture because they weren't sleeved inside the outer box...
    I think regular pricing is €50 per dozen and €55 for the new version.

Played nine holes yesterday afternoon with a v1x (I have never used the x version before), hit 8 out of nine greens, had 6 birdie chances from inside 15 feet, converted twice, 2 under 34
    Lovely ball ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scratch2scratch

I tried them and I must say I couldn't see any difference but as stated above it's bloody hard to tell any difference at the moment with all the wet about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

New Pro v1 euro 45 doz in Plus four golf Phibsboro.

Ps ..Only the punters like Rory McIllroy would notice any appreciable difference.

The number of dimples and the air flow around the "seam" are the innovations.

The only airflow issues I have around the "seam" have nothing to do with Golf!!!

Enjoy.

Advertisement