Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Professional make up in Dundrum?

• 09-03-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a wedding coming up, and myself and my mother-in-law want to have our makeup done - preferably in Dundrum Town Centre. Does anyone know the best place that would cater for us both (26 and 60 year old), but won't cost a packet?

I've never had mine done before and I'm a bit afraid i'll come out looking orange or something, what sort of experiences have you had before? And how much can you expect to pay?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Give yourself some time and head into Make up forever in town, they are excellent in providing make up for such events. They will do anything you ask, and you will not look caked, plus due to the quality provided the make up will last for the time needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I dont know for certain, but somebody I know said house of fraiser do it.
    R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I was thinking about House of Fraiser alright, but i wouldn't know which counter to go to? Clinique, Benefit, L'oreal etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

you could always get it done in MAC in bt2's!

Glowing wrote:
    I was thinking about House of Fraiser alright, but i wouldn't know which counter to go to? Clinique, Benefit, L'oreal etc?

Benefit is excellent, a lot of there make up suits all types, and the girls at the counters tend to be very good.

• Advertisement

How much does it cost usually? And do you think in MAC they'd do a subtle job on a 60 year old lady?

Glowing wrote:
    How much does it cost usually? And do you think in MAC they'd do a subtle job on a 60 year old lady?

yes, i think on average its about 40 euro, it all really depends on where you go, time of year etc... but you will probable pay in and around that in most places. My only worry with regards to Mac is that they tend to have a certain look which tends to contain a lot of make up on the eyes, its like tony and guy, you can tell the hair has been cut from there. Talk to the person that will be doing your make up possible the day before so that they know exactly what you want and you can make sure that you are happy with the look when its done.

eh yea, you're right about MAC having a specific 'look', i'm sure ifyou told them exactly what you wanted they'd listen!

i've never seena nybody who'd gotten their make-up done at Clinique but i'd imagine its very natural looking!

i love the Benefit products but in my experience the girls aren't the best at putting it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Bobbi Brown - they're the best and cater for all ages.

^^ completely forgot about them, they really are good!!

• Advertisement

They really are. You're right malteaser about Benefit products and the girls not matching up in terms of skill and MAC *definitely* have a specific style - I happen to love it, but its not for everyone.

Bobbi Brown sound like an option. Thanks for all your replies.

I always wonder though. I don't think heavy makeup suits me - and i tend to only wear what I know looks well. Are the beauticians going to know what would look best given your skin/coloring or are they just going to spread on what is hot at the moment?

Some would but Bobbi Brown are all about enhancing your natural features and isn't really "trendy" makeup, its kind of classic really. I really think it sounds like the best bet, and make sure to tell them how you feel. I think they will do it well. (P.S. i don't work for Bobbi Brown ;) )

Great! I actually just called into them, and had a chat. It would cost 25 euro which is fully redemable on purchases. There were a couple of girls there having it done and they looked really glamourous .. and I know what you're saying, it wasn't 'trendy' but just really well applied and subtle.

I'm going to go with them so, thanks a million for all your input!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

Just to add, have you decided whether to wear lashes or not? In my makeup course, it was a prerequisite (spellcheck) to put lashes on the bride... So might be a good thing to ask when choosing the right MUA for you.

I never even thought of lashes to be honest. Never had those applied before. How much extra does it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

Depends where you are getting yours done. I think I paid 11euro at MAC but I use them to bits (like cut them into sections and only put them on outer lashes for a doe eyed look). They make such an impact in photos. Hope you get them done for the wedding :)

Advertisement