Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know anything about sage?

Options
  • 09-03-2007 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Sage CRM is being implemented where I work and I think I'll be involved with this.
    I've being developing intranet based database applications for sales departments with sql server and asp.net 2.0.
    I wonder what to expect - how it will effect us and what sort of work we'll be doing.
    Does anybody know much about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I did an interview for them recently and from what I could gather/researched or knew anyway:

Originally a lot of Sage software was written in Delphi (either by themselves of by companies they subsequently bought - Apex, Coretime and in this case eWare). AFAIK eWare originally wrote their CRM is Delphi and Classic ASP.

There are plans afoot to rewrite their software into C#, dotNet 2.0, and in the case of Sage CRM it would be ASP.NET 2.0 I presume. I do not know at what stage this process is at, i.e. whether you've the old manky classic ASP version or a new sparkling ASP.NET 2.0 version :D.

My understanding was that I'd have been working in Delphi for a while before moving to C# (or atleast a mixed role), I would imagine this was legacy maintenance in parallel to their C# migration.

Now as a senior software engineer - I interviewed for the senior software engineer position, but it transpires they were/are really looking for a software development manager, and I didn't get the job because I don't have the experience of a software development manager - as a senior software engineer. They did then come back to me for a software engineer at 20K less then my current salary - so frankly I think they're jokers. As a result their software either could be very good so they can be jokers, or as jokers their software is a joke - go figure and nuff said...

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Thanks

Advertisement