Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mechanic caused problem

Options
  • 09-03-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

my car has been with a mechanic for the past number of weeks (about 7 or so!). it initially went in to get a reset done to the electric roof module.

since then, it turns out that the BCM (body control module) has also failed during its time in the shop. the BCM supposely controls various operations in the car such as indicator light, aux lights etc etc.

my question is, the BCM was working before it went into the garage and even when the mechanic brought it to dublin, it was working fine.

should i pay for it to be replaced?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Are you sure the mechanic actually caused it, or could it be possible that it just failed while it was in their possesion?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

have no idea markr. he just said that there was a problem to with that module and it needed a new one. dont think he will tell me he caused it and i have no idea of finding out how it happened

it has properly pi$$ed me off as i was meant to have the car two weeks ago. its been in his shop longer than i have driven it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have you been in touch with the mechanic about it?
    7 weeks is a long time to return to them about an issue as you have now no proof that it was them that caused it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

kbannon wrote:
    Have you been in touch with the mechanic about it?
    7 weeks is a long time to return to them about an issue as you have now no proof that it was them that caused it.

I think you need new glasses :D

The mechanic has had it for the last 7 weeks!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I see now.
    Its still difficult to prve that they caused it and that it wasn't a normal fault that caused it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement