Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf MK V Radio Problem

Options
  • 09-03-2007 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Just to let you MK V Golf owners out there, if anyone is having a problem with the radio not turning off when the driver turns the engine off, it has the wrong firmware on it! I've noticed over the past number of weeks that the car hasn't been starting as quickly as it should until Monday and Tuesday of this week when it wouldn't start at all, the battery was dead! A lot of the times I have to manually turn off the radio when the engine is turned off, but I was unaware that it was still draining the battery. So with the car under warranty (2005) I brought it back this morning and they diagnosed and fixed the problem and updated the firmware!

I saw a thread somewhere relating to a Golf radio but couldn't find it but I'd say this might be the problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 05Golf

I have the same problem since the weekend. Only, my radio and car shut's off when I Immobilize it.. however, when I return to the car, the radio is sometimes on. This morning I heard the radio in my car playing when in my house, it must have turned itself on during the night??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh my mate has an mark5 golf, warranty was up 2 weeks ago, but before that they did the radio and loads of other bits, the radio kept coming on by itself, watch out for the engine mounts too becoming loose before the warranty runs out

Advertisement