Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International Poker Open

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Frinky

Jesus Christ this Boards.ie thing is more feckin popular than BEBO!!! Stephen you sure know how to attract the crowds.....all other threads, 20 posts, Carfax threads 200 posts! :) I better start replying again to all these pokee....yes pokee tourneys

Maybe people wont come up to me again demanding me to reveal myself as Rob Cooke....on one of those rare occasions I float into the Jackpot to see all those degenerate gambling students.......and tag.....hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Frinky wrote:
    Jesus Christ this Boards.ie thing is more feckin popular than BEBO!!! Stephen you sure know how to attract the crowds.....all other threads, 20 posts, Carfax threads 200 posts! :) I better start replying again to all these pokee....yes pokee tourneys

Maybe people wont come up to me again demanding me to reveal myself as Rob Cooke....on one of those rare occasions I float into the Jackpot to see all those degenerate gambling students.......and tag.....hehe

Hi Frinky, yeah the problem is that we need to get 5 times as many players as there are responses in this thread.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I presume you have approached all clubs to put posters up Stephen? I have mentioned it to a few infrequent players that I work with as well, so if everyone can bring along a few others for teh value, then you will be sorted.

5starpool wrote:
    I presume you have approached all clubs to put posters up Stephen? I have mentioned it to a few infrequent players that I work with as well, so if everyone can bring along a few others for teh value, then you will be sorted.

We're ordering 10,000 flyers and will be sending them out to every single club and poker promoter in the country plus we're going to run radio ads and probably a few newspaper ads too so in that sense I hope everybody in the country will hear about the tournament......

But yeah if you can bring even one or two players Dom and everyone does the same the value will definitely be there for the experienced player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

Pardon my ignorance, but is two days (what kind of hours are we talking here also?) enough to whittle down 1000 players to a final table/winner?

Id imagine it will be with 30 minute levels. The IO had a similiar structure, but 60 min levels, and after 8 hours of play went from 707 to ~260 runners on day 1. I'd imagine that this event will be able to get from 1000 (if necessary) to 150 in around 12 hours play max, probably even less, thus allowing plenty of time to be played out on day 2.

I think it is inevitable that this will turn into a crapshoot though given the size of field. There will be 10 million chips in play though in a file of 1000, so if there were 150 players left on level 13 (assuming normal levels, antes in at 150/300) the average stack would be 66k ish at the 1k/2k level with a 200 ante, which would be ok. My figures could well be way off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Frinky wrote:

I am confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Frinky wrote:

blatantly obvious who you are.

glad you got a hair cut though.

Rob what you confused about, member that guy in the jackpot thought I was you, like cooker3 and he was like "YOU ARE I KNOW YOU ARE!" twas funny!

Anyways enough about me more on the IPO. Stephen have you looked into longer blind levels over three days if nessecary? Or do you want to start the tourney on a Saturday?

• Advertisement

Frinky wrote:
    Rob what you confused about, member that guy in the jackpot thought I was you, like cooker3 and he was like "YOU ARE I KNOW YOU ARE!" twas funny!

Anyways enough about me more on the IPO. Stephen have you looked into longer blind levels over three days if nessecary? Or do you want to start the tourney on a Saturday?

Gonna start it at 12 noon on the Saturday.......Taking advice on the structure now and have had some really positive help.

Ouch! 12 noon, dammit won't be able to go out Friday then :(

So you having longer blinds, or more days or both? I'll get the word out to DCU PokerSoc, would you be able to write out a final plan of the event and I'll get on it!

Frinky wrote:
    Ouch! 12 noon, dammit won't be able to go out Friday then :(

So you having longer blinds, or more days or both? I'll get the word out to DCU PokerSoc, would you be able to write out a final plan of the event and I'll get on it!

Should have the Official Thread posted later today (just running it through spell checker)......Anybody know anyone that wants to learn to deal poker.....Free lessons if they will work for free........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

Stephen,

Any news on the sats for this?, online or live.

Blip wrote:
    Stephen,

Any news on the sats for this?, online or live.

There will be free-rolls, $1, $5 and $10 sats online and live I'm sure we can organise a few.....Anna will be back tonight or after the weekend......She's in Cork at the Macau.....She'll be able to give you all the details of what we have in store....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

Well Anna panna Banana is here... live and direct from Cork.... just back i my hotel after 5 houers play in the ladies freeroll... plane arrived 14.00, game started 15.00....around 40 starting and starting field where very funnie,, never in my life played tables with just wimen ;) .. came Heads up... took a few beats and down to even so figure better to do the deal since second gets nothing so i took the ticket and gave the girl som cash..... Fair enough, blinds bloody high, can go anyhow so am cool with it even though deals are for Wan****** LOOL

WE WILL run satellites online 100% of course.. both sit&gos and others..so just get in there and start to warm up....and on sunday we got a $100 000 K quarantee so in there and play sats for it!

NOW this chick deserves a cold one!
    Right?

cheers lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Congrats Anna. Hope you do well in the main event :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

if this kicks off at lunch time on a saturday, i assume the 50+5 side omaha side game will start at about 4??

Is it not 500+50?

What? Omaha at the IPO? This a cash game, tourney or sit&go??

Jeff can you even play omaha, cause you can barely play holdem :D

Frinky wrote:
    What? Omaha at the IPO? This a cash game, tourney or sit&go??

Jeff can you even play omaha, cause you can barely play holdem :D

thats it!!! WHO THE **** IS FRINKY!!!! :confused::p

• Advertisement

think of someone you know who sounds like professor frink and you should get it straight away.

Mr.Plough wrote:
    think of someone you know who sounds like professor frink and you should get it straight away.

part of me wants to guess Sam but she cant use a computer.... i have NO idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ditpoker wrote:
    part of me wants to guess Sam but she cant use a computer.... i have NO idea...
    Frinky wrote:
    Maybe people wont come up to me again demanding me to reveal myself as Rob Cooke

Hmmmm well i have no trouble telling Sam and Rob apart!

she sounds like frink lol? didnt notice.

former chair at dcu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Can i play this game?

Twink!!!! Do I win!!

Mr.Plough wrote:
    she sounds like frink lol? didnt notice.

former chair at dcu
    ah i know who it is!!! sam and him kinda look alike... so does rob... hmmmm..

rob for best looking dealer!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

ditpoker wrote:

rob for best looking dealer!!!

I am glad someone finally noticed
    I also whine less then Sam may I add

Advertisement