Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership team of the year

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Van Der Saar

---Barry
    Ferdinand
    Terry
    Evra

Gilberto

Essien
    Scholes
    ---Ronaldo
    Giggs

Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

well, hes scored over 20 goals a season for the last 4 seasons.

but theres more to him than scoring goals.

keane and berbatov is an exciting combination. but hey, if you dont think he is world class, thats cool. you wont want him in your team then, will you :)

oh he's a very good player, and he's great at link up play too

and im a leeds fan, id take anyone at this stage;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well everyone is gonna think players from their own teams are the best for the most part. Most of the teams mentioned here are comprised of players from the top 4....... I'd like to see what people think is the best team outside the top 4.

I think someone included sidwell, which I'd agree with, Scott Carson for all charltons woes has been good, Berbatov is obvious as a striker.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

event wrote:
    oh he's a very good player, and he's great at link up play too

and im a leeds fan, id take anyone at this stage;)

i hope that 1 million for lennon went a long way to paying denis wise's wages.

man, i used to love leeds in the champions league. great football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Id pretty much take grahamo team and put essien where gilberto is and stick lamps in where essien shoudl be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote:
    What i cant figure out is why people haven't picked Ben Foster as their keeper?

I know that would come back to haunt me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

event wrote:

whilst he has a good cup record, his league form is just ok

8 goals in 23 starts (2 subs)

just 2 have been away from home

1 of those has been against a top ten team

a very good player, but world class?

Lots of stats there, here's one your missing:

8 assists in the PL, 2nd only to Rooney in the strikers list.

He played a good deal of the season as the support striker to Jermaine Defoe, now that Keane is back on form Berbatov has moved to the goal-scoring role and has been clinical.

How many times have you seen him (in the flesh)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Sorensen

Chimbonda
    Dawson
    Terry
    Evra

Ronaldo
    Carrick
    Fabregas
    Giggs

Drogba
    Van Persie