Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys clothes???

• 09-03-2007 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Lately I'm starting to think that the only places worth going any more are H&M and sometimes Topman. Zara have the odd thing too. River Island is just loud polo shirts and loose fitting jeans. Everywhere just seems to have the usual stuff, nothing different or interesting. I know it's taste-dependant etc. But hopefully someone can prove me wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Yeah I'm feeling similar to that atm, I can't find any one shop thats consistently good for me! River Island, Topman, Envy, Next, H&M, etc, just haven't found any clothes recently that I really liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

tribe in the stephens green centre have gorgeous clothes for guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

you're not moving into your late 20's, early 30's by any chance? :D

Cianos wrote:
    River Island is just loud polo shirts and loose fitting jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Try urban outfitters, they got some decnet stuff sometimes. BT's and BT2's are good and reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

(cough) Pennys (cough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

stovelid wrote:
    you're not moving into your late 20's, early 30's by any chance? :D

Nope. Just prefer tighter fitting, smarter, more stylish stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Shrimp wrote:
    Try urban outfitters, they got some decnet stuff sometimes. BT's and BT2's are good and reliable.

Yeah they have a few nice things. Fairly pricey though. T-shirts for 80euro and what not.

Unfortunately, I find that in order to look at bit different, you either have to spend more or just make a lot more effort in sourcing stuff.
    Cianos wrote:
    Yeah they have a few nice things. Fairly pricey though. T-shirts for 80euro and what not.

arnotts have nice clothes too, like in the quiksilver/ralph/tommy sections if thats the style you're into??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wear women's clothes instead. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah arnotts have a good selection if your noy into walkin all over town lookin 4 stuff

since roches has been taken over by Debenhams their selection of women's clothes has gone down big time IMO, it could be the same for lads as well so i'd probably stay away from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Yeah,urban outfitters (Y)
    Bit of a conformity but Jack Jones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

M&s :)

diesal has some nice clothes at the mo as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Penneys and Heatons.. nice and cheap... Dunnes is not so cheap any more but they do some nice stuff and its not too expensive. This is where i shop, in these three... i see no reason to pay more than €15 for a pair of Jeans :D
    Im cheap but i dress well with what i get :D
    I can afford to buy expensive stuff but see no reason to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I back this statement up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Try M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

i love jack&jones clothes!!! and u cant beat pennys or dunnes for cheaper stuff.... pennys have gorgeous t-shirts for guys for only bout 5euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

really funny you shud say that!my cousins boyfriend was over from germany during the holidays,first time my family(v. conservative btw) ever met him, and while we were at the dinner table he mentioned that he liked to buy jackets and jumpers in the womens section because they were more comfortable!!lol:D u shoulda seen their faces..for everything else theres mastercard!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

umm yep i've had guys come into where i work and try on womens' skinny trousers...quite disturbing really!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

i think id be disturbed if i saw that too lol:D although i must say it is actually hard to find a nice pair of jeans these days,its the one thing i HATE shopping for.does anyone have any tips of where to get a good pair of jeans?

chris_oc wrote:
    really funny you shud say that!my cousins boyfriend was over from germany during the holidays,first time my family(v. conservative btw) ever met him, and while we were at the dinner table he mentioned that he liked to buy jackets and jumpers in the womens section because they were more comfortable!!lol:D u shoulda seen their faces..for everything else theres mastercard!!!;)

Yeah, you see I don't really find that strange. I've pretty much stopped trying to find anything that isn't cheap dunnes jeans and Metal T-Shirts, because pretty much everything else in the line of men's clothes seems to look like ****, and I wouldn't be caught dead in 99% of it.

That's not to say that I would personally hop out to the nearest women's clothing store, because I'm fine as it is in my cheap jeans, but it wouldn't really suprise me that some lads would actually do this, and not in the cross-dressing sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Yeah, you see I don't really find that strange. I've pretty much stopped trying to find anything that isn't cheap dunnes jeans and Metal T-Shirts, because pretty much everything else in the line of men's clothes seems to look like ****, and I wouldn't be caught dead in 99% of it.

The problem is that mens fashion has gone too far up it's own arse. it's all flashy and horrible. alot can be said for a bit of understatement. i personally wouldnt be a fashion junky, i am just as happy in tracksuit bottoms as i am in anything else, But i hate mens fashion so much, i'd rather be shot than wear a tank top or one of the generic "random" text shirts. i was in a shop in sligo recently that was selling reproductions of old band t shirts (faded and distressed looking), nothins worse than someone wearing a smiths shirt ironically!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Alrite Cian,
    I actually really like River Island, but not for the jeans, etc. in the 'casual' section, but in the smart section they've got really nice suit trousers, which work really well when worn casually, also some nice jumpers, just plain colours, and some nice 70's-ish shirts to wear under them, so don't count them out yet!

TBH, other than that the only jeans/trousers i wear would be Pop flares (Eager Beaver) and cargo pants (Dunnes etc.) and t-shirts/casual shirts from anywhere.

(btw Jizzlord, love the sig)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's not to say that I would personally hop out to the nearest women's clothing store, because I'm fine as it is in my cheap jeans, but it wouldn't really suprise me that some lads would actually do this, and not in the cross-dressing sense.
    Ha... it's a sad sad day when you have to shop in the womens sections because the mens section has gone so metrosexual...

Due to an unfortunate series of events I ended up in the Barcode club in Dublin on Firday night.... so high was the level of metrosexual fashions that I felt like a member of the Taliban sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Saruman wrote:
    Penneys and Heatons.. nice and cheap... Dunnes is not so cheap any more but they do some nice stuff and its not too expensive. This is where i shop, in these three... i see no reason to pay more than €15 for a pair of Jeans :D
    Im cheap but i dress well with what i get :D
    I can afford to buy expensive stuff but see no reason to.

More quality, less crap, more choice and originality. I'd spend the extra just for that I like the variety you and quality you get form stores that are just dedicated to selling clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

urban outfitters uber trendy and uber uber expensive, no thanks, tribes I like the clothes but Im not a surf or skate dude so I won't wear those clothes.

next (surprisely nice and reasonably priced) and penneys saved me from going naked a while back

and mygod the price of the clothes in all those debebenhams/roches boutiques!!!

stripes stripes everywhere

jack jones etc is for men(women) who wear unnessecary scarfs! pricks

Ha... it's a sad sad day when you have to shop in the womens sections because the mens section has gone so metrosexual...

It wouldn't surpise me, I used to be able to get some decent looking cords and jeans and such in places like Topshop a couple of years back, but jesus, it can be nearly impossible to find anything that isn't some ugly pair of skinny jeans faded in silly patterns, and some idiotic slogan embroidered on the ass, or thigh.

2 years ago, I tried to find a pair of cords in Dublin that actually looked good, and I scoured quite a few shops before finally finding a pair that were too baggy but I resigned myself to them anyway because they were plain black and it was clear I wasn't getting any to suit me better.

I've also got an absolutely phenominal looking silk shirt that I got the Christmas before last, I can't even describe the detail/pattern of it, it's like nothing I've seen before, and obviously, like nothing I've ever seen again in my life, because every shirt I've seen since is some kind of striped monstrosity.

I think that if I was to use a word to describe the current male fashion in Ireland, that word would be "Twat"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dutz

Bershka in Jervis have a nice selection if your not looking to spend a fortune aswell ! ! ! !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Whoever started that whole tanktop and stripes carry on ,deserves a slap!!!

I scoured quite a few shops before finally finding a pair that were too baggy but I resigned myself to them anyway because they were plain black and it was clear I wasn't getting any to suit me better.

Not too expensive to get them altered?

stovelid wrote:
    Not too expensive to get them altered?

Fecked if I'm going to pay for a pair of trousers, only to have to pay more to get them to suit me.

Right now, I'm fine paying for €8 for a pair of jeans from Dunnes that are going to last longer than the €80 pair from the high street store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Pepe for jeans all the way!

Got some nice t-shirts in espirit. Very plain and about 15 euro. Short and small fitting, not big baggy american!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

urban = over priced faded , 10$ ebay junk at a 190 euro price
    jack and jones = too trendy, has been baggy
    H'n'M = provided a decent garment ONCE A YEAR
    Top man = decentish

ireland is rubbish for mens clothing, expensive, very expensive, woman pick up **** for like 10 euro in miss selfridge !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement