Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daewoo Nexia Rear Wiper

Options
  • 09-03-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Daewoo Nexia car (for my sins) and the rear windcreen wiper has decided to either not work or just work sporadically.

Does anybody have any idea how I might troubleshoot this? Is there normally a unit in the boot door driving the wiper?

I have no idea about car electronics but I imagine that there must be a loose wire or something along those lines to explain why it works every now and again.

Going to the garage for this will cost too much so I'd love to have an idea about how to solve it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sounds like a loose contact allright.

First thing to do is to locate the rear wiper motor, check where the wire (power) goes into it, take off the connector, clean it and mayebe squeeze it a bit with calipers so that it makes a good connection to the motor again.

If that doesn't help, it could be a bad connection at the switch the other end.

Advertisement