Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Offer 15th March

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Far Corfe

I am taking mine back today. I dont get distinct full and fast navigation options just a screen with navigation and settings, and then "enter postcode" (no use for Ireland) "enter country" or "Point of interest". I cant simply enter an address in Dublin and be navigated to there, i would need to know a point of interest in the locality and hope its in the database. I put in some postcodes i know from the UK and it didnt work for them either.

Hence the thing is useless for me. All it does is shows me a pretty display of what I can see out the window anyway.

Perhaps i am doing something wrong, but i spent the w/e working with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Lots of people are having problems with this, is anyone actually satisfied with it? Im actually glad i didnt buy it if its nothing but trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Far Corfe

Aldi wont refund for it now without the receipt. I put the receipt inside the guarantee for safe keeping, folded it over, and kept both in the box. Now when i need it... no receipt, just turned the house upside down looking for it, even been thru the bin in case the 2 year old got his mutts on it, no luck!

Damn!!!

Looks like i'm stuck with the thing :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I was very lucky. Got a Garmin i3 six months ago for €100. Its the dogs *'s & have just discovered that I have full European maps rather than the Ireland & UK I was meant to get...

It has a small screen, but it is more than adequate.

How the hell did you get it for that cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I'm happy eneough with mine. I had a few teething problems as it's probably not the most user friendly gadget.But after using it for four nights in my Taxi, i think I've ironed out all the wrinkles and am happy with my purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

is there any way to get gps time and speed displayed on it ?

its not the most user friendly is it ?

/ds

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

When you are navigating, press the bottom of the screen. This then gives you the options of what you want to appear on the screen. I've found the most useful to be distance until next turn and speed and direction.

Well if anyone isnt happy with theirs i'll buy it off them, but i'll need a reciept as they seem fairly delicate and i dont want to be left with a bogey machine!

Advertisement