Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snag list submitted - Its been nearly 3 weeks and nothing

Options
  • 09-03-2007 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I've submitted my snag list about 3 weeks ago and still we've heard nothing from the builders. Are they not obliged to finish it within 7 days or am I wrong.
    Also been having real trouble with the estate agent, - they don't seem to give a f*ck. Excuse my language - but everytime I ring all i get is "When we know something, we will ring you!" . Now maybe thats true but I'm the one still waiting. And with interest rates going up the whole time (they've gone up 5 times since we first applied for the mortgage...and our interest rate wont fix until we finalize the house) so i'm really eager to get the keys.
    Anyone with similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Use your solicitor to try to speed things up. You are paying him for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Use your solicitor to try to speed things up. You are paying him for it!

good point!

But i'm also paying the estate agent aren't i? I mean not directly, but they are getting a cut outta the money that I fork out. ANd they are the laziest pack of tits i've ever come across.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

best thing is go into your estate agent wont be so quick to fob u off face to face.mention you were on to your solicitor put the **** up them they mostly a shower of pr*icks once they think they have u in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The deposit is paid, and the estate agent's job is essentially done. They don't want to see the deal go off the tracks, but they really have no responsibility to you at all. I'm sure they would tell you if their client told them anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

The deposit is paid, and the estate agent's job is essentially done. They don't want to see the deal go off the tracks, but they really have no responsibility to you at all. I'm sure they would tell you if their client told them anything.

it seemed like their job was done when I paid my bloody booking deposit.
    THey are a shower of bankers, and if I ever decide to selll this place, I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole.

Honestly, they're so unprofessional about things. I've not ONCE received a phonecall from them, instead they ring my GF cuz they know she won't give them grief. Even though time and time again i've requested i'm the one that they contact.

I rang my the agent the other morning at 10am, and he answered strangely. I said, can you talk, is this a good time...he said I'm brushing my teeth , ring me back.

GGGRRRR!!!

I wouldn't be so short with them only I KNOW they are liars. They would do anything to get the money out of yah!

We paid the booking deposit 2 and a years ago. They said that we would be moved in by 6 months
    its been 2 years!! And we literally only signed contracts months ago.

So you can understand why i'm stressed.

And the thing is, this estate is getting released in phases, so there are alread people living there, of which the agent has sold these houses too. And they were waiting AGES to get into their houses too, so the agent knows only too well that when they told us 6 months, it was a bare faced lie.

Anyway I'd better stop, cuz I'm getting more and more angry the more I realize the sh~*t we've been through.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I submitted my snag list back in October.....still waiting

problems with the wrong windows installed and there was a 8 week waiting period on them and now there is a planning issue. Min 4 weeks again before that is passed and the $hitty thing is while there is a planning application in, the builders are not allowed on site until it is rectified.

Sooner or later the builders will want their money and they will do it for you

Advertisement