Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andre the Giant on the Biography Channel

• 09-03-2007 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone's checkin out the board right now, there's a show on Andre the Giant about to start on the Biography Channel. I've seen some good shows by them on wrestlers, haven't seen Andre yet though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

its a pretty good show.. he was quite a man.
    love watching that kinda tv programs. did you by chance see the ultimate warrior bio that was on sky sports a few months back? supposely andre didnt take to the warrior AT ALL.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I wasn't a big fan of the other shows but I thought the Andre one was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was a good show. Had some nice background stuff on Andre. It's unfortunate that his body was breaking down when he was really making it big on tv, if you've only seen him during his run with Hogan then you haven't really seen how he could work in the ring

Makes you wonder how similar his story might be to Big Show's unfortunately. Show had an operation many years ago that stopped him from growing any more, but he's obviously not in as good shape as he used to be

I'd say the Ultimate Warrior show was a shortened version of WWE's Warrior dvd if it was on Sky Sports. I didn't see that show, but I saw the dvd, Andre was gas. Some funny stories about him in Freddie Blassie's autobiography too if I remember correctly

I thought the show the Biography Channel did on Austin was good. Only one that really stands out for me

Nice show to see anyway, especially leading up to WM. Might be repeated soon if anyone missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    It was a good show. Had some nice background stuff on Andre. It's unfortunate that his body was breaking down when he was really making it big on tv, if you've only seen him during his run with Hogan then you haven't really seen how he could work in the ring

Makes you wonder how similar his story might be to Big Show's unfortunately. Show had an operation many years ago that stopped him from growing any more, but he's obviously not in as good shape as he used to be

it was a great programme about him.I saw it before......
    Alot of what you said was just the things that I was thinking about after I had watched it.....
    Then there were the funny stories of him being able to drink 50 bottles before getting drunk;)

• Advertisement

Nice article on Andre's legendary drinking here: http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html

He knew it wouldn't be the drink that killed him, and he had the best possible time that he could, which is cool in a way

Another thing I came across on Andre is a film about him which is due to be released soon. They've got a MySpace account set up for it here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54824342, and you can see some of the people playing the likes of Vince, Terry Funk, Bruno Sammartino here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70964842

The hair of the guy playing Andre is a bit strange lookin I have to say

Advertisement