Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New price plans and x-series now on 3

• 09-03-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

three.ie has got a facelift. New pay montly tariffs, add ons and seems like x-series is now live.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

kevinmcc wrote:
    three.ie has got a facelift. New pay montly tariffs, add ons and seems like x-series is now live.

The pay monthly tarrifs have been revamped and seem to be a tad more flexible than the old system, allowing to pick the number of messages per month. The average videotalk and text 400 customer who was getting 200 mins and 200 texts for 45 gets the same deal for a few quid less. ie €29 for talk 200 anytime plus 9.99 for 200 texts giving 38.99. So with the extra few quid i added on mobile broadband 100.

No sign of xseries though. It is according to the lads at the x-series blog due for release very soon - emailed them and had a response inside 2 minutes! They wouldn't say any more - but with my three, the new price plans being rolled out i'd say release is coming soon.....Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

hmm....very interesting.

/edit
    actually very interesting. According to www.callcosts.ie the price before the revamp of the videotalk 400 plan was €45 and now its €49.

Tariff name: Video Talk 400
    Tariff description: 400 anytime, any network minutes plus exciting content included at no extra cost including the latest Barclays Premiership goals to RTE video news bulletins.
    Monthly fee: €45

thats not too good now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

kevinmcc wrote:

Where are these add-ons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

culabula wrote:
    Where are these add-ons?
    check www.three.ie. they're all there

Well, yes, of course -but not on mine. Maybe the cache needs updating? I'm looking at the same ol' Three.

• Advertisement

Can you give me an exact link? Cos try as I might, I can't see any of these add-ons or indeed any info about X-series any more, either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Could this be the link your looking for?

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/addons.htm

Is the Mobile BB the same thing as the x-series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

looks good can you buy addons with 3pay?

Could this be the link your looking for?

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/addons.htm

Is the Mobile BB the same thing as the x-series?

Sure is and thank you for the link; still can't get to the add-ons from the home page without your help, though.

Clearly for some reason I am not being brought to the 'new' home page; I caught a glimpse of it for a nano-second and was then brought back to the old one. Weird.

• Advertisement

I wonder if you can add the 'Talk for Free' (sic) add-on to the existing Mobile Broadband data tariff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

No sign of X-Series yet, though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

xseries it aint..
    and its not available until the day after tomorrow. They are having "server error" problems at the moment apparently.

3 dude said it would be true unlimited access though, as I feared initially that it would be limited to their pathetic collection of approved internet sites outside of their 3 portal, so the mobile broadband 100MB for €6 is good for email, rss feeds & mobile sites (real mobile sites..) etc until xseries is announced.... whenever that will be...

its also good to see text add on's etc..

I just checked via my handset and it seems I can now add text and music add-ons to my Mobile Broadband SIM but not voice -yet.

Have no need of text add-ons, I use the SIM to log on and send hundreds via O2, Meteor and Voodoo PAYG web accounts.

Just reviewing the Talk plans on Pay monthly..
    so they have gone up...€45/400mins per month is now €49...Anyone know if this price hike of €4 effects existing users? ie will current €45 pm holders now be charged €49?

Also can someone tell me the benefits of this new €49 plan to justify price increase of €4? Free voicemail?
    From being initially enthused I'm now slightly confused and a little bemused.
    Enlighten me 3..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

For light users like myself, the older tariffs were better value. €25 for 200mins. Their mobile broadband probably referrs to being able to access the regular internet, or the internet on your PC through your phone, similar to what you would get with a datacard, only now you get included calls. This could be dead handy when you want to use the real internet on your phone, and it can work out pretty cheap as their unlimited package is just €20 (even if it is 3GB).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

you may notice you get "Talk Free with 3" which cost 3.99e extra as an add on mayb this is it? I don't know anyone on 3 so not really worth it to me! Meteor all the way now if only they had some good data plans!

........as their unlimited package is just €20 (even if it is 3GB).

t+c on site =
    Mobile Broadband Unlimited - 2Gb

3GB would be nice. ;)

though as I said on some other thread.. as a backup bb, on pc pass thru even, 2gb is a fair whack realistically.

quintron wrote:
    t+c on site =
    Mobile Broadband Unlimited - 2Gb

3GB would be nice. ;)

though as I said on some other thread.. as a backup bb, on pc pass thru even, 2gb is a fair whack realistically.

Could we have the link to this please?

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/pmterms-conditions.htm

From above link:

Fair Use Policies

Some 3 services are subject to our fair use policy. To make sure no one abuses this freedom, we have set monthly limits of:

* Free email and selected online content – maximum 20 Mb per month
    * Mobile Broadband Unlimited - 2Gb
    * Talk for Free – 1000 minutes
    * 5c Messages – 1000 text messages, 150 picture messages and 150 video messages

If you exceed these limits, we may ask you to moderate your usage. If you continue to exceed these limits, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your service in accordance with the Terms for 3 Services.

http://extension.fleck.com/?sh=e481d316058fea2b67d166d6467df8e8e7c5cf9a

• Advertisement

Oh well, that's that cleared up then; still, far from a bad deal. 2GB on the O2 datacard is 40 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Called 3 there to check out the situation. Here's how it works out for me... I was thinking of switching from my €60 a month tarrif to the €29.99 a month tarrif, and adding a few bits and bobs to beef it up.

Might get the girlfriend to join 3, so if I add 200 texts (€9.99) and the free calls to 3 add on (€3.99), its still only €44, good bit cheaper.

That said I do have 100 less texts than the old plan. However, with the free 3calls and the fact that 4 of my mates have changed in the last few months, it should work out cheaper. Guy from 3 was advising me to go for the €49 tarrif because that includes free 3-3 calls.. but still works out more expensive IMO, and I wouldnt use all the 400 minutes to other networks if the missus was on 3.

I might hold back on the broadband yet, the guy from 3 advised that. He said it hasnt been properly tested yet across the customer base, and that there's bound to be teething problems.

I think it'll work out better for some people than others. I presume if you want to stay on an old plan you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

quintron wrote:
    xseries it aint..
    and its not available until the day after tomorrow. They are having "server error" problems at the moment apparently.
    its available right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

its available right now :)
    Direct link pls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Is there anything preventing me from choosing the Talk 100 deal plus the 3.99 free to 3 add-on to get unlimited calls even on the 19.99 talk plan? Not possible huh? Since they have the 49.99 to 99.99 calls plans with free to 3 calls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

If you look at http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/index.htm, in their Need to Upgrade section they show the Nokia N93, however it's not one of their available phones? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joe83irl

Hi,

I have tried to access mobile broadband from my phone, but i need to verify my age. When i try to do this it says i need to verify my age with my credit card. Then when i click verify it tells me to go to my nearest Three store. Does anyone know if you will be able to verify your age using planet 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I just checked the site, and if there's any mention of x-series it's not jumping out at me. Have been holding off upgrading my phone till x-series comes out, but am getting impatient....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Yeah... BTW, when x-series is coming to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

It was supposed to be february I think but were looking at the summer now
    probably still be before O2 offically launch their 3G service

Advertisement