Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New price plans and x-series now on 3

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Frankly three Customer service is a pain in the ass and I have no time for them and after ordering 2 phones have decided to cancel - though I can't cancel, I have to refuse delivery.

Why?

Ordered last wednesday, for delivery thurs, no delivery thurs or fri finally rang them today, I was told I'd be called back by lunchtime as there was a problem with some info I gave them. They never called back - called again at 5 finally got talking to someone after being pushed from billy to jack. Was told bank info was incorrect. Gave them info again. They say its the same info and computer says its wrong (of course the computer is better than me reading my cheque book!!) Told them its the same info as they have for my datacard and their DD for that has gone though monthly since Jan. They said they'd have to do it manually as a cash sale, but would not tell me how I could pay. They said they were ending the call (I kept calm and never raised voice) Called again to see what the story was. Was told the order had gone through, but I had been charged wrong price, Was told nothing they could do and I'd have to refuse delivery and re-order. - Even though it was their error (blamed it on computer!)

What a bunch of Wa*kers!

Rang Meteor at 5.35pm. All details taken off the phone, phones ready for collection in Naas store from 9am tomorrow!! - I'll pay an extra fiver a month for that type of service! (the 2 phones were about €80 cheaper too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

flodis79 wrote:
    Is there anything preventing me from choosing the Talk 100 deal plus the 3.99 free to 3 add-on to get unlimited calls even on the 19.99 talk plan? Not possible huh? Since they have the 49.99 to 99.99 calls plans with free to 3 calls?

I don't see why not, judging from offer of add ons here. I tried configuring it with the 19.99 talk plan plus 3.99 for Talk Free and it allows it!

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/addons.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

ADSLUSER wrote:
    I don't see why not, judging from offer of add ons here. I tried configuring it with the 19.99 talk plan plus 3.99 for Talk Free and it allows it!

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/addons.htm
    Well, it's quite silly if you can have that add-on on the €19-39 packages when they advertise free 3 calls on the €49-€69 packages... So they give you the €3.99 free on those latter packages.. In some way it doesnt make sense. I also tried to bundle talk free and the €19.99 plan and it allowed it, but I just wonder if it's a config error in the web site, and they will correct it later and confirm to me that it's not possible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

flodis79 wrote:
    but I just wonder if it's a config error in the web site, and they will correct it later and confirm to me that it's not possible..

On Sunday I was in 3 Store in Dublin and a salesman has confirmed that it is possible to combine Talk 100 tariff and Talk for free add-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It's not a configuration error, the only difference is that for the bigger plans (€49+), you don't need to add it since it's already included at no extra cost.

Hope that makes sense. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Its not really "included" on higher price plans....the old price was €45 p.m. The new price is €49 for the same deal.
    If you were on the old tariff and wanted to add on the free calls to 3.. you'd pay...€4 = €49.
    So, existing customers pay for the add on like everyone else.
    New customers are charged an extra €4 for the old €45 talk/400 minutes plan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

That doesn't quite make sense, since the 200 minute plan is now also 4 euros more expensive, yet you still have to add that option on top of that, paying 8 euros more in total to get inclusive 3-to-3 calls...

um yes?
    was 25 now 29 (no free 3-to-3 calls = add it yourself...it costs €4)
    was 45 now 49 (includes free 3-to-3 calls, yet is clearly is €4 more than the old price plan. and €4 is the price of the 3-to-3 add-on..
    So what was 45 is now 49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

quintron wrote:
    um yes?
    was 25 now 29 (no free 3-to-3 calls = add it yourself...it costs €4)
    was 45 now 49 (includes free 3-to-3 calls, yet is clearly is €4 more than the old price plan. and €4 is the price of the 3-to-3 add-on..
    So what was 45 is now 49.
    um no.
    Was €25, no free 3-3 calls, is now €29, still no free 3-3 calls, costs €4, total cost would then be €33.

The €19 plan, with the 100 text add on is €24.99, yet for 200mins only, you pay €29 (€25 on the old plan which I am still on). I can still tack on add-ons to my existing plan according to the rep I spoke too, so I wont be changing my plan until they offer me something good to justify a higher monthly rate for what I am getting.

um no.
    Was €25, no free 3-3 calls, is now €29, still no free 3-3 calls, costs €4, total cost would then be €33.

lol thats exactly what I intimated in my previous thread.. we are on the same page here!

Here it is again...
    as 25 now 29 (no free 3-to-3 calls = add it yourself...it costs €4) now adding that €4 there.... €33.
    I was never referring to the €19 plan and I hear you there..

My point was simply that the higher price plans are not "free" (3 to 3 calls that is) in the light of the older price plans.
    EG it ain't really free for existing users who pay €45 as they have to get the add on = €4.
    And
    Its not really free for new users as they now pay €49 for that bundle where existing customers paid €45. Either way you look at it, its €4 more than it was.
    If you are on the €29 plan, god help you its €8 more than it was....
    Well it is the most popular price plan so..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Yes but your forgetting the message package before if you were on the 25euro package for 200 minutes and you sent 200 texts it would cost 43 now it costs 39 so its cheaper

touché plonk

However..
    Before if you got 200 mins/€25 plan and used 200 texts at 9c it would have been €43. so people on the 45 plan who opted for 200 mins and 200 texts option instead of 400 minutes were shafted €2....
    Just my €2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

For my usage pattern it makes a lot of sense. I had talk/text 600 split up as 300 texts and 300 mins. I regularly went over the voice allowance and ended up having to tone down my usage towards the end of every month, yet was wasting at least 100 texts a month.

When you've lots of free mins, on a contract phone, you tend to use fewer texts i.e. you use your phone more like a "grown up" i.e. using lots of voice ..

I'd only use about 150 texts a month, depends though. Some months could be busier.

I've moved to 400 Voice mins + a text add on.
    Also, the cheaper mobile broadband add on.

I'm diverting my e-mail to my gmail account and I've configured gmail to send the mail as if it were coming from my normal account (you can do this on most office email or ISP accounts too)
    Downloaded the Gmail Java app for the phone..
    and i'm getting FANTASTIC email service on my mobile. It can even handle word files in the gmail browser, the server converts them.
    The interface is VASTLY better than either the sony ericsson built-in client or the 3Mail interface on the WAP service and, unlike 3mail, the storage is unlimted.

From an end user perspective the e-mail seems like it's coming from my usual account, not gmail.

It's actually better than a blackberry in my opinion!

Yes Gmail app is fine, always has been.. however some companies don't let you forward your mail from their server to gmail, giving you a mail address that shows as "from x@gmail.com on behalf of x@y.com". And some people use Outlook not Gmail as thats the way companies are set up..
    Gmail app being a java app is very polished and personally find it great for personal mail and even use it to chat as its very responsive.
    Work mail plain pop/smtp from work server to my phone direct via the built in app forget it.. theres an embargo there.
    Love Gmail app purely cause gmail did a good job..its not a reflection on 3's internet broadband service as a whole and its important I think to point that out.

PS I've found you can navigate using the proper Web browser on Symbian handsets easily if you open the Services browser first and leave it running in the background. Its something I suppose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

1 : Log into Gmail from a computer rather than a mobile phone
    2 : click on Settings
    3 : click on accounts
    4 : click add another e-mail address
    5 : follow instructions
    6 : an email will be sent to your other email address, you need to check your mail at your office address / other ISP address then click on the link gmail send. This confirms that you actually own the address and aren't trying to spam / pose as someone else.
    7 : Once confirmed, go back into settings in Gmail and configure your account so that your default address is the one you want to use.

Any email you send will come up as if from your normal account. There's a return path to your gmail account hidden in the long headers, but it's not very relevant. The end user won't see it normally at all. I've tested this theory on a few email clients and its completely seamless.

If you can forward email from your other address, it'll work fine.
    Just configure it to forward + keep a copy on the local server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I sit just me or is there no free texts included in the bill pay packages anymore. Do you have to buy an add-on to get them or else pay 9c a text for all your texts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cooperguy wrote:
    I sit just me or is there no free texts included in the bill pay packages anymore. Do you have to buy an add-on to get them or else pay 9c a text for all your texts?
    yes but 100 mins and 100 texts is now 24.99, a whole 1c cheaper. 200 mins and 200 texts is now 38.99 where it was 45, etc

Advertisement