Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro 6 or Fifa 07

• 09-03-2007 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

i probably will get Pro 6 but is worth getting over Fifa 07. I have pro 6 on ps2 already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Pro Evo > Fifa..........by a gazillion miles!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

wat about the online cheating

That's only in ranked games. There's loads of members on here that play online so you'll not be short of competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

mailrewop wrote:
    wat about the online cheating

Some spa is doing that to me right now. It's pathetic. Although in almost 100 ranked matched it's the first time it's happened to me.

Edit: Right after I equalised he refused to kick off. After about 5-10 minutes he kicked off hoping I'd left the room and he could walk into the net. Didn't happen. He took one shot and then after I kicked it out the screen froze. Far too convenient for my liking. I didn't quit, left it for about 20 minutes. Eventually when I came back into the room it said my opponent had quit the session and I was the winner. What a complete spa.

:rolleyes: What a tool, you'd swear there was some sort of prize for it.....just play the damn game ffs!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I've dunno if I've ever had any cheating on it, only played about 30 ranked games online. FIFA isn't that bad, for FIFA like, but I'd go with Pro Evo! Oh but the edit mode has been taken out of the Xbox 360 version, just to let you know, so no editing team names or transfers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Pes6 on the 360 is a pile of ****e. Its a stripped down version of other formats, you can't even save goals ffs. The 360 version is not even fun in 2 player either, it feels more like crappy arcade football than pes. I haven't played fifa but don't waste your money on the 360 version of pes6, get it on the pc or ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

we,ve been threw this already liam just get pro6 so i can kick ur ass lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i have pro evo and think its alright missing a few things though but DO NOT waste your money on fifa. its useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Oman wrote:
    i have pro evo and think its alright missing a few things though but DO NOT waste your money on fifa. its useless

says you :rolleyes:

i play both. there are things about fifa i like and hate, there are things about pes that are both cool and infuriating.

like comparing apples with llamas..

lets stop this crap, who cares who likes which game. does it make you any much of a better person ?

OP, you can download both demos from marketplace, make up your own mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

pro evo hands down for me... I find the online really enjoyable and its usually played in the right spirit... don't really care about stats so if someone starts acting up ill just let 'em have their little win and put it down to bad luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

like comparing apples with llamas..

No it's not, they are two directly competing game series.

Makaveli wrote:
    No it's not, they are two directly competing game series.

Ok so..

Granny Smith Apples and Granny Smith Llamas..

Jeebus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

however said to get it on the PC is right on the money, both are terrible on the 360 at present. Pro Evo 6 with all the option file mods so you have real player & club names, stadiums etc is great! Fifa 07 on the PC is also good and you can mod it, install the latest transfers etc fairly easily. I think Fifa 07 on PC just shades it for me because there is a bit more depth to the managerial side of things in career mode and also because i think it is easier to get into than Pro Evo, which can be unforgiving at times even for veteran players.

I can tell you i have pro evo and fifa 07 on the PC, and have played both on the 360 also, i would plump for fifa 07 on the PC if your machine can handle it (it's not too needy on the specs front either!) :)

Arciphel wrote:
    however said to get it on the PC is right on the money, both are terrible on the 360 at present. Pro Evo 6 with all the option file mods so you have real player & club names, stadiums etc is great! Fifa 07 on the PC is also good and you can mod it, install the latest transfers etc fairly easily. I think Fifa 07 on PC just shades it for me because there is a bit more depth to the managerial side of things in career mode and also because i think it is easier to get into than Pro Evo, which can be unforgiving at times even for veteran players.

I can tell you i have pro evo and fifa 07 on the PC, and have played both on the 360 also, i would plump for fifa 07 on the PC if your machine can handle it (it's not too needy on the specs front either!) :)

But Fifa 07 on the PC is essentially the same as the Xbox version, and is nothing LIKE the X360. Next gen graphics etc.

Depends on what aspects of the game you like? If you like the managerial side of it, I agree, the PC (and Xbox) version is better. The next gen graphics and gameplay are far better on the 360 though.

Havent played PES6 on the PC, but if PES5 on PC is anything to go by, cracking good game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Nephew wrote:
    Pes6 on the 360 is a pile of ****e. Its a stripped down version of other formats, you can't even save goals ffs.

Agreed. Lack of peno's mode is really annoying too. Dunno why they removed so many of the smaller enjoyable things about the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not to mention PES 6 very frustrating offside logic ... Even if you are level with the last defender, but a drop of your sweat was on the grass behind the last man you're called offside.

This can happen even while the ball is still in your half.

Tried Fifa 07 for a bit, but the players look like they've come off a Subutteo table and I found it a bit offputting.

(That said - I've always like Fifa and played hours of it down through the years. PES does a very good job of getting the 'feel' of footy right, though.
    ...Apart from the Offside rule :p)

Advertisement