Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

law society

• 09-03-2007 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

hi,
    need help here,

does anyone know what kind of standard of irish is needed to pass to law societies irish exams to pratise as a sloicitor??

are they hard?? leaving cert equivilant maybe??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There's full details here:
    http://www.lawsociety.ie/displayCDAContent.aspx?node=284&groupID=284&code=education

as far as I know, it doesn't require a very high standard. About Leaving Cert Higher Level is what I'm led to believe

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sat and passed the first Irish Exam there myself in January. I was rubbish at Irish at school and haven't spoken a word in the interevening 7 years.

Needless to say I passed. The standard isn't very high, Australians pass it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

piece of piss; i'm pretty sure that if you didn't even turn up, you'd still be hard pushed to fail it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ah ser thats grand then, as long as its not too hard cause i only did ordinary level for the leaving cert but was farily good at it. All my fears about it now cleared(just tought irish would be hard)

thanks everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

timmywex wrote:
    ah ser thats grand then, as long as its not too hard cause i only did ordinary level for the leaving cert but was farily good at it. All my fears about it now cleared(just tought irish would be hard)

thanks everyone

well, you'll have to write a few paragraphs on something rather rudimentary; you'll not be asked for a dissertation on post-modernism in the modern day ireland or anythign, just a 'letter to steve staunton' or somethign like that.

there's set texts you're meant to be ableto translate, and if you, er, 'only' did pass Irish, then you might want to track some veteran of this who'd have notes and sort you out with that.

finally, 2 min oral exam where if you can, almost literally, break wind in Irish (remmber to say 'go maith leithsceal') you'll be done...c'est tout. Or Sin é...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Robbo wrote:
    Sat and passed the first Irish Exam there myself in January. I was rubbish at Irish at school and haven't spoken a word in the interevening 7 years.

Needless to say I passed. The standard isn't very high, Australians pass it all the time.

D3 in pass Irish many moons ago - and I passed it so.....

And that was despite answering "Ta me go maith" when asked about my "uimhir" (exam number!) when I went into the oral:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

dK1NG wrote:
    D3 in pass Irish many moons ago - and I passed it so.....

And that was despite answering "Ta me go maith" when asked about my "uimhir" (exam number!) when I went into the oral:eek:

id say they loved that

Advertisement