Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox360 plus PC Monitor Helpage Needed

• 09-03-2007 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking of getting an Xbox360 since I need crackdown like a crack addict needs crack.

My question is, if I hook up the console to my PC tft is there any way I can get sound to output from the Xbox? Bearing in mind the tft has NO sound output capability whatsoever.

Ideally i'd like to be able to plug headphones into the Xbox somewhere, is there a video cable with a built in headphone jack or something?

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nope you'll need speakers.

I have mine connected to a 19" tft using the xbox vga cable which also has audio cables conected to it, then I plugged them into my hi-fi. There's no headphone jack on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

My sound is going into my surround sound speakers, and that has a headphone jack....only of use to you though if you have something that can take optical in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I use the Xbox 360 vga cable plugged into my widescreen LCD monitor and my bog standard 2.1 PC speakers. The VGA cable provides 2-phono (red/white) connectors with an adaptor to convert these to a stereo minijack (headphone connector) but its the male type that you'd plug into your PC speakers. You should be able to get a gender changer of some kind in any decent electronics/hifi shop to allow you to plug your headphones into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Stephen wrote:
    I use the Xbox 360 vga cable plugged into my widescreen LCD monitor and my bog standard 2.1 PC speakers. The VGA cable provides 2-phono (red/white) connectors with an adaptor to convert these to a stereo minijack (headphone connector) but its the male type that you'd plug into your PC speakers. You should be able to get a gender changer of some kind in any decent electronics/hifi shop to allow you to plug your headphones into this.

Hmmm, this seems like the best option for my needs. Ta.

Advertisement