Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a direct bus to dublin exist?

Options
  • 09-03-2007 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Whenever i have gotten the bus to Dublin in the past, it stops off in every little town and village along the way, and the journey could take up to 4 hours and 20 minutes depending on traffic and its just not fun at all!
    Is there a direct bus that goes all the way without stopping? It would be really handy as i have to go to Dublin tomorrow! It doesnt say much on that crappy Bus Eireann website! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

I heard there were 3 new city express routes, I assume cork, Dublin and Galway... These have reduced no. of stops but not too sure where to get info on them..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rapid Express (Kavanaghs) might get you there a little faster. http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/routes-express.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I know it's a bit late now, but on a Friday....get the train!!!! Worth the extra tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya just go with the train to be honest
    the last time I used the bus was from limerick city to athlone and I'd say it took almost a hour just to get out of the city... never again

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

i got the bus once to dublin and back...neeeever again. long, horrible and uncomfortable.at least you can wander round on the train.took about 4 hours..the girl sitting next to me ended up missing her plane (we exchanged cell numbers..) cause of the extra time it took.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ellenmelon wrote:
    took about 4 hours..the girl sitting next to me ended up missing her plane
    4 hours isn't that long. If she missed her flight she must have left it fairly tight in the first place. If I was travelling from Limerick to Dublin Airport, I would ensure that I had several hours to spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

4 hours isn't that long. If she missed her flight she must have left it fairly tight in the first place. If I was travelling from Limerick to Dublin Airport, I would ensure that I had several hours to spare!

twas more one of those series of unfortunate events kind of days...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 datrias

Hey LimerickDude,

Kelly Travel operate a bus service between Limerick and Dublin.

Mod Edit: No advertising. PM datrias if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Is this a joke??? Three seperate threads have that information?!?!!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

as cheap and quicker to fly ryanair from shannon. especially if youre getting a flight from Dublin. and even if not a bus into the city from Dublin airport is cheap enough and quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Indeed, the flight only takes 30 mins. Much cheaper also than the bus- friend of mine went for a day for a total of 2 cent- got it during a recent special offer

And if you are travelling without checked luggage you can use the online checkin and just showup at the airport 40 mins before your flight

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

yea but wen ur flyin u stil got to get a bus to shannon queue up and wait for ages for ur flight then wait ages to get off in dublin and get another bus into town. much better off on the train or citylink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

i dunno i'd prefer a seat in an airport for an hour rather than having to endure a bus or one of our amazing Irish trains..

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

do you not hate the whole hustle and bustle of airports??everyone is always runnin and people are always stressed and tense and aaargh. personally id prefer to be on a bus sleepin away in my own world than avin to endure that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

I don't like airports either.These days the bus isn't too bad.The last time I went by bus it only took 3 hours and we even had that 15 minute stop in Borris-in-Ossory.I'd prefer the train as it's more comfortable but would get the bus if I missed the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

afaik know there is a direct bus from LIM-DUB; not sure what the times or days it runs at tho. Still stops in Borris-in-Ossory however but I believe it doesn't stop along the way otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

opelmanta wrote: »
    yea but wen ur flyin u stil got to get a bus to shannon queue up and wait for ages for ur flight then wait ages to get off in dublin and get another bus into town. much better off on the train or citylink

If you read what I said....you could checkin online and not have to queue at airport at all. Get priority boarding as web-checkin PAX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

opelmanta wrote: »
    do you not hate the whole hustle and bustle of airports??everyone is always runnin and people are always stressed and tense and aaargh. personally id prefer to be on a bus sleepin away in my own world than avin to endure that
    They trains may be fairly expensive but there not that bad as long as you can get a seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I've been looking for a direct bus from Limerick to Galway too, but haven't been able to find one that gets there in less than 4hours (ridiculous given it takes sometimes less than 2 and a half hours to drive there).

Getting the train instead, it's the only half reliable form of transport that suits me. (flights don't, I'll be be going to the other side of the city so it'd be a waste of time).

If anyone does hear of a direct bus (and are sure of it!) please post it with a link!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Bus Eireann and Citylink serve Limerick to Galway direct but they are not nonstop. Direct means you do not have to change buses. I presume you want a nonstop service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fletch123 wrote: »
    I've been looking for a direct bus from Limerick to Galway too, but haven't been able to find one that gets there in less than 4hours (ridiculous given it takes sometimes less than 2 and a half hours to drive there).

Getting the train instead, it's the only half reliable form of transport that suits me. (flights don't, I'll be be going to the other side of the city so it'd be a waste of time).

If anyone does hear of a direct bus (and are sure of it!) please post it with a link!

2 1/2 hours to galway?! can drive to dublin in less than 2 and got to galway in an hour and 20 mins last week,thank god for that ennis bypass

go to a credit union for cheaper train tickets,44 quid return to dublin isnt too bad, i dont know how anyone could take the bus to dublin itd be easier to just fly up and spend a few quid on a coach into the city you'd be there in a thrid of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

isnt that bus from arthurs quay still the cheapest. i always get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

krudler wrote: »
    2 1/2 hours to galway?! can drive to dublin in less than 2 and got to galway in an hour and 20 mins last week,thank god for that ennis bypass

go to a credit union for cheaper train tickets,44 quid return to dublin isnt too bad, i dont know how anyone could take the bus to dublin itd be easier to just fly up and spend a few quid on a coach into the city you'd be there in a thrid of the time

Ooops! Meant to say Limerick to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

Get the train man ffs

Advertisement