Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fog Lights

Options
  • 09-03-2007 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

This is something that has being annoying me since i started driving a year and a half ago.
    I know we all (well most of us) have bad habits when driving or don't do everything as we are meant to.. but the use of fog lights when its not foggy just really bugs me. Its mostly the fact that they dazzle you as the car comes towards you.
    It seems to be that people just don't know fog lights exist or presume they are part of dipped headlights.
    Has anyone else noticed this/ is irritated by it??
    Or more interestingly, do you know if you car has fog lights or not? If you think it does do you think you use them as normal dipped headlights??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This has been done to death on the Motors Forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This has been done to death on the Motors Forum!

psssst ...don't shout so much ...or someone will move it there :D

Too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*Bangs head off wall relentlessly*

Please, somebody, anybody, make it go away

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unless the title of the thread has since been changed by a mod, you had to have a good idea of what the thread was about before clicking on it. Try not replying to it, and it may move down the page out of your sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

BUMP LOL :d

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@ matthew - I take it the "Motors Charter & FAQs - Read before going further" thread was too confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

kbannon wrote:
    @ matthew - I take it the "Motors Charter & FAQs - Read before going further" thread was too confusing

I think it was initially posted in AH.

Ok forgiven (a bit!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol, I love fog light posts, surprised to see one now that the days are getting brighter.

Anyhow, Wishbone Ash summed it up hehe.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

mathew wrote:
    This is something that has being annoying me since i started driving a year and a half ago.
    I know we all (well most of us) have bad habits when driving or don't do everything as we are meant to.. but the use of fog lights when its not foggy just really bugs me. Its mostly the fact that they dazzle you as the car comes towards you.
    It seems to be that people just don't know fog lights exist or presume they are part of dipped headlights.
    Has anyone else noticed this/ is irritated by it??
    Or more interestingly, do you know if you car has fog lights or not? If you think it does do you think you use them as normal dipped headlights??

Do you know, I never really thought about it before. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

WOW didn't realise there would be such an incredible reaction. I did do a search before I posted and nothing came up... maybe I cant use search properly :confused:

Also, I never knew there was a Motors forum.. had never seen it before! Sorry mod who had to move it - would have posted here if I knew it existed.

I suppose if this has been done before I'll see if i can do a bit of training to improve my searching techniques and everyone can just leave this thread to float into the fogginess of the archives!!!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mathew wrote:
    everyone can just leave this thread to float into the fogginess of the archives!!!!!! :p

If they hadn't thrown the toys out of the pram in the first place, it would died on its own!

PS - I would advise against any Alfa threads also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mathew wrote:
    I never knew there was a Motors forum
    :eek: It's probably one of the most popular forums!

We'll forgive you this time. :)
    eoin_s wrote:
    If they hadn't thrown the toys out of the pram in the first place, it would died on its own!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

May aswell put in a real reply befor ethe thread dies. I put this in one of teh other fog light threads btu seeing as deja vu is so popular re: fog lights, I may aswell repeat it.

How come manufacturers dont put some sort of annoying warnig sound in if you leave you fogs on for more than, say, 10 mins? If you are genuinely in fog, turning them off and on again quickly wont be that annoyinh.

My uncle had an import mazda estate about 10-12 years ago. When he went over a certain speed (80kmph iirc) a bell started tingling until he dropped speed again. (im assuming the national speed limit in Japan is 80 or 100 or somesuch?)

A constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in the dash would surely eliminate the fog light drivers.

beeps could distract a driver causing an incident. Most cars nowadays have warning lights on to show that the fogs are on - if ones fogs are on when not needed then the driver is one way or another breaking the rules (by either not driving with due care and attention or by driving with their fogs on)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

please close this thread now before its fogged (I mean flogged) to death

okley dokley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement