Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum Diameter and depth for threaded bar?

Options
  • 09-03-2007 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the minimum allowance is for 8mm threaded bar ,used with epoxy resin on a soft wall ?

I've had to use epoxy resin and threaded bar a few times ,I nearly always end up going in about 8+ inches into the wall.
    Anyone know of the minimum allowance on say a damp wall ?
    Mostly old red brick that gives this trouble .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

It really depends on application, loadbearing etc. I'd be guessing 3-4 inches. Have you considered "quick anchors" available from most hardwares. Drill slightly smaller hale and they are compressed when they the enter the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The only other thing I've tried is frame anchors ,the ones that srew straight into concrete without plugs.
    I get fixings in Mdonnellys ,maybe the quick anchors are the same thing?
    frameanchor.jpg
    The only thing about the frame anchors I've found is they need a fairly intact wall to work.

I cant seem to find an image online to show you but they vary in lengths/diameter, the're like a hollow tube with a slice taken down the side. Once beaten into a deasent wall the're very secure. Ideal for fastening battons, 3x2 etc. to floors,walls etc.

I think I know the things your talking about ,like these ?
    http://www.fischer.de/faz2/english/index.html

• Advertisement

Thanks stapeler ,I'll give them a bash .
    Do you work in Joinery ?

Advertisement