Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 screen freeze during gameplay- Do you guys experience this too?

• 09-03-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

I got my xbox 360 last December.
    Since I got it the screen sometimes freezes during when Im playing a game and my only option is turning off the machine at the power button (not the controller cos that wont work).
    It usually works ok after that.

It happened last night once when I was playing splinter cell double agent.

It happened when I was playing Halo 2 last week.

It happened about 4 times when I was playing Fear and got onto the part where theres a big machine that you have to destroy when I went outside to destroy it the screen would freeze after a while.

Should I bring my xbox 360 back?

I dont know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This happened me for about 3 weeks and then i got the 3 red lights (returned the console for repair yesterday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

This happens to me and my console was also bought in December. I just turn the thing off and back on its no real bother. Than again I love messing with Beta stuff. If it gets too bad though its hello microsoft for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Your console is on its way out. That's due to heat and the GPU solder melting leaving a bad connection. Mine did that as well before getting 3 red lights. I've no warranty so have to try repair my 360 or buy a new one. If you got it December 2006 then you might as well bring it back to the shop you got it from. It shouldnt have any problems 2-3 months after you've bought it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

ya it happens to me rarely.....it usually happens on saints row and oblivion only....used to happen more often but i moved the power brick to a more ventilated place and now it happens rarely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Its the beginning of the end, the first sign of an eventual 3 red lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

My when i got my replaced/repaired xbox back from Microsoft it was doing the same thing so i had to bring it back so im on xbox number 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

happened me twice while playing pro6 online.thinking about moving the 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

i think it happens in pro evo online because of a connection problem or the other guy left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

it didn't happen during a game. it happened when you have to choose quick match or create match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

quinnd6 wrote:
    I got my xbox 360 last December.
    Since I got it the screen sometimes freezes during when Im playing a game and my only option is turning off the machine at the power button (not the controller cos that wont work).
    It usually works ok after that.

It happened last night once when I was playing splinter cell double agent.

It happened when I was playing Halo 2 last week.

It happened about 4 times when I was playing Fear and got onto the part where theres a big machine that you have to destroy when I went outside to destroy it the screen would freeze after a while.

Should I bring my xbox 360 back?

I dont know what to do.

I also got my 360 in december 2006 - this happens once or twice a month with mine - can be annoying when im in a good attack and defend match on vegas but what can ya do - once i reset it everything works fine again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Happened to me once. Moved things around so it was a little better ventilated, and it hasn't happened since. (knock on wood)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Got mine in December too. It froze once when I played THP8 (and I played that a lot) and a few times when playing GRAW. For GRAW I noticed it happened when a video was about to be played in the crosscom, so I thought it was just GRAW being buggy (as I've heard it can be at times...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i got mine about a year ago and yeah it does this too. I had to trade lost planet cause it crashed constantly (and it was sh!t). I hasnt done it much lately, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Anyway suppose I should let you guys know.
    I brought it to xtra vision today to try and exchange it for a new one but they wouldn't do it.
    They gave me microsofts customer service number and told me to contact them.

Im not annoyed at them or anything anyway( just being cautious really)
    It worked ok last night anyway.

I think my xbox will probably be ok hopefully but if It gets serious then I guess Ill call microsoft.

So much for xtra visions customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Thats bull your contract is with them not microsoft !
    It happens to mine once or twice a month , but it used to happen with my ps2 now and then aswell .Usually during RB6v online matches .

Advertisement