Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

devolo dLAN duo Starter Kit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

This is probably more appropriate in the Net/Comms forum so I'll move it there.

As for the product the link does not work (this does) it is ethernet over the power lines of the house, they do work but the speed is low, according to the site the top speed is 14 Mbps so be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Look for the 'high speed' version. Bandwidth is closer to 85 mbps. Maplin sell these also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

There is even the 200Mbps version with improved-strength encryption. This gets me really interested, although the price is a little steep. Of course, no network cabling required, which saves some $$$.

I wonder if these devices are configured using a web-based access.....Has anyone used these and provide some feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

They must be on the same fuseboard to work properly. I have gotten 18Mbs from them and its consistent. They are also good over long distances up to 300ft. If you want to run the internet out to an office out the back, you just need to run a power cable and it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

WUSBDesign wrote:
    There is even the 200Mbps version with improved-strength encryption. This gets me really interested, although the price is a little steep. Of course, no network cabling required, which saves some $$$.

I wonder if these devices are configured using a web-based access.....Has anyone used these and provide some feedback?
    You're not guaranteed those speeds -- it depends on the quality of your electrical wiring, if you're using a spur socket, etc. It is great to be able to use an existing network in your home alright.

The Devolo packs come with software you install to configure them. I *think* they'll work out of the box, without encryption that is. Devolo even provide config software for Linux users, although it is command-line based.

The best thing you could probably do is download a user guide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement