Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 year old foreskin

Options
  • 09-03-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi guys i have a 8 year old son who tonight said his willy was sore when my wife looked at it she said the foreskin wouldnt roll back very far and it was sore when he hit of it couldnt get to much info out of him as to how it is sore will try more tomorrow but all i was looking for of here is on a boy of 8 is it normal for the foreskin not to come back as i dont know when i was that age if it did or not going to doc on monday anyway but just courios

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

First of all... my god that is some horrendous grammar you've developed for yourself there.

Secondly as far as I'm aware the Foreskin doesn't seperate from the penis untill around the age of 12. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Sorry about that Royal i didnt know it was an English exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Royale with Cheese english may not be the first language of some posters on this site and there are those with dyslexia and other learning difficulties, so please don't be so snarky..

Wexford12 if you have an issues with a post you can use the report post function by clicking the report.gif in the post.

Also sentences can help other people to read your post esp those who who do not have english as their first language and those with dyslexia and other learning difficulties.

Boards.ie can not dispense medical advice.
    I would suggest that you check with your dr or the health nurse or ring your dr office for advice.

At the age of 8 does your son know how to wash that part of his body correctly ?
    I would suggest getting him to have a bath and you teaching how to wash his penis correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Wexford, bring the kid to the doctor and have him check that the foreskin isn't infected, maybe? Ditto on the washing business, though I'm sure you've taught the little one that already.

Hi guys thanks for the advice.I to be honest I dont do bath time with the boys mum tends to do it.I know she has shown him how to wash it, but the thing is we never pulled it back as you would do with an adult.I didnt think it would go that far but maybe im wrong didnt want to hurt him.As i said i dont remember at 8 if mine could or not .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TLCTugger

luckat wrote:
    I'm sure you've taught the little one that already.
    There really is a wrong way to wash. Too aggressive or soaking in soapy tubs can cause inflammation.

Don't do anything to his foreskin you wouldn't do to his eyelids. Only the OWNER should ever try to retract a foreskin.

-Ron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

My son is 6 and i brought him to the doctor with the same thing when he was younger and for advice on how to wash it (no dad there to ask!!).

I think he said it shouldnt happen until he was at least 8 and i should never ever force it or if my son wont do it, which he wont, i wasn't to pressure him

so best of luck at the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

My little brother had the same problem years ago it was a medical anonomally which was very minor, quite common and painfull and was corrected with minor surgery. It was painfull for the poor little fella (the condition, not the surgery). The doctor will see that and refer as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

TLCTugger wrote:

Don't do anything to his foreskin you wouldn't do to his eyelids. Only the OWNER should ever try to retract a foreskin.

My doctor once told me to retract my 18 month olds foreskin while in the bath to stretch it. I ignored his advice as I was not comfortable with it, changed doctors too.

Thanks guys for all your help we went to the docs and he will need to be circumsized"sorry if spelling is wrong" The doc said it was way to tight i checked on the younger boy 6 his will pull back as normal he has no problem doing it thank god. He will be going for opp in a couple weeks does anyone know if it is a very sore opp for a boy that age.I had it done in my 20ies and found it very sore after but im told a child wont have the same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Awh poor lamb.

I'm sorry wexford i dont have the first clue about circumcision but i hope the little man is ok and has a very speedy painless recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

My son was circumcised when he was 2 and was throwing the leg over the side of his cot that evening to get out so it wasn't too sore for him.
    Your son should be fine. The anaesthetic for the willy lasts most of the day and then standard pain relief should be fine. The one thing to prepare him for is the physical difference which can be quite a shock. Maybe show him his brothers foreskin pulled back and tell him that his willy will look like that all the time. Make sure he knows that it's perfectly normal and it'll be a reassurance to him that you've been circumcised.
    He'll have no problem peeing cause the jet will take the moisture away from the body. He may need to wash the area in water a few times a day and apply antiseptic cream - if it's recommended then make sure he does it as it stops the wound from scabbing and tightening.
    Hope your son is OK.

Advertisement