Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was anyone else off

Options
  • 09-03-2007 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

3 nights this week my eircom bb was done most of the night from about midnight. Last time was last night(thurs). Connection is lost without warning. Ive heard from a friend that they are doing some work on systems during the night which is ridiculous for anyone working online during night. The bad service really is beyond belief at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ive heard from a friend that they are doing some work on systems during the night which is ridiculous for anyone working online during night.
    If repairs need to be done that are going to cause disruption, they're going to disrupt someone. There is no way at all that you can avoid that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

aidan considering eircoms track record im not surprised at this nor am i against repeairs or upgrading of the systems. Saying that the least they could do is to give a warning to their customers afterall some customers earn a living online.

Maybe Im over reacting and they should switich the system on and off when they need to tweak the system without telling anyone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

aidan considering eircoms track record im not surprised at this nor am i against repeairs or upgrading of the systems. Saying that the least they could do is to give a warning to their customers afterall some customers earn a living online.

Maybe Im over reacting and they should switich the system on and off when they need to tweak the system without telling anyone.

Do you mean that you are not surprised that they carry out repairs or that they presumably attempt to carry out the repairs at a time when they are least likely to affect people carrying out business? What's in their track record that disturbs you?

I agree that they should notify customers where possible. People have linked on here to a part of Eircom's site that gives notice of downtime but it does not appear to be too easily found from a general look at their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

dub45 wrote:
    People have linked on here to a part of Eircom's site that gives notice of downtime but it does not appear to be too easily found from a general look at their site.
    They announce maintenance on this site. The last maintenance was last year so maybe they aren't bothering to tell people anymore - new years resolution :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Saying that the least they could do is to give a warning to their customers afterall some customers earn a living online.

if thats the case, you have a back up, yes?

surely you dont base your ability to earn a living on one DSL line?

if its that important, have a wireless or dial up back up, this bugs me about people who believe that they are the most important thing.

Eircom have around 200,000 DSL customers (i think), how would they contact them all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

event wrote:
    if thats the case, you have a back up, yes?

surely you dont base your ability to earn a living on one DSL line?

if its that important, have a wireless or dial up back up, this bugs me about people who believe that they are the most important thing.

Eircom have around 200,000 DSL customers (i think), how would they contact them all?

E-mail?

Advertisement