Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone planning on getting an N95?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

sher p.m. me as well. ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep me too

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

so apparently nokia started shipping the N95 to stores today, will be good to see it out there soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

very interested pm me too please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

By 'stores' do you mean the likes of Vodafone shops or online retailers?

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote:
    By 'stores' do you mean the likes of Vodafone shops or online retailers?

Everyone, but vodafone don't stock sim free as far as I know? When vodafone actually offer it on their network is another thing altogether..

Vodafone dont do sim free, I wouldnt mind buying it from them as the price will be alot cheaper. Though they prob wont release it for a while. I'll probally be too impatient and just buy it online for a stupid price:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Interested as well, maybe you could pm me as well. Have been thinking of SE k810i: good camera and battery, Lousy joystick
    Nokia E65: Nice size,keypad battery might'nt be bad,- lousy camera
    Nokia N95: Looks mighty hot -- probably lousy battery

Good review here:: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/media/item/Videocast_8_Review_of_the_Nokia_N95.php

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

So anyone know what the irish retail price s going to be.is there any demo models in any shop in dublin yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi jrey1981, I would be interested as well.

can you pm me the details??

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm curious about how effective the GPS mapping will be compared to a regular navteq based system for Ireland. Overall the package looks fantastic but potential weaknesses such as inferior GPS and a great 5mp picture without an optical zoom might not justify the price just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im sure the gps can be used with the normal software ie route66 or tomtom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Cyrus wrote:
    im sure the gps can be used with the normal software ie route66 or tomtom

But that means then you have to buy it seperately when the question is how good is the built-in mapping?

But that means then you have to buy it seperately when the question is how good is the built-in mapping?

have a look online at some of the in depth reviews, it looks pretty good, although haven't see Ireland coverage yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

For those who've pmd or asked here about a price, they're €699 + delivery or collect in Dublin city centre.

I'll only order once I've got definite orders for at least 10. I'm trying to get my hands on some Nokia 6300s as well as my source says they're selling like hotcakes in the UK.

the N95 support site is up with manuals and user guides etc:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4323683

Is the nokia n95 out yet.Has anyone got one.

Dont think anyone would have it yet, its only getting released this week or next.

I dropped into the carphone warehouse, and they have it listed in their March magazine. I asked one of the lads behind the counter and he said it should be released next month, but he didnt know what price/ network.... He said usually some network takes a gamble with the new high-end nokia's that come out(like meteor did with the n91 launch). Also, as usual it will be bill pay or sim free.

Dave6195 wrote:
    Dont think anyone would have it yet, its only getting released this week or next.

I dropped into the carphone warehouse, and they have it listed in their March magazine. I asked one of the lads behind the counter and he said it should be released next month, but he didnt know what price/ network.... He said usually some network takes a gamble with the new high-end nokia's that come out(like meteor did with the n91 launch). Also, as usual it will be bill pay or sim free.

Hopefully it comes out on o2. Im going to try and get a upgrade.

Alright met a friend who works in nokia.he had the n95 and its a beautiful phone.its not that big as i thought.He said theres a backlog for phones coming to ireland and could be upto 4-8 weeks after they come out fully in uk and europe. All networks are interested in realeasing it in ireland but he has no prices as of yet.I will keep you updated.

Jrey any news on the phones how many orders do you have so far,are you going to get them.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    Alright met a friend who works in nokia.he had the n95 and its a beautiful phone.its not that big as i thought.He said theres a backlog for phones coming to ireland and could be upto 4-8 weeks after they come out fully in uk and europe. All networks are interested in realeasing it in ireland but he has no prices as of yet.I will keep you updated.

Jrey any news on the phones how many orders do you have so far,are you going to get them.

cheers for the update dre, I wandered around the various shops in dundrum today and not one of them had any idea when (or even if) it was coming out here.

did he say if any of the networks have been testing yet? otherwise it'll be months and months before we have any hope of it on contract...

have read about shortages alright as they are seeing massive orders in uk and apparently have put it on allocation and are ramping up production as quickly as possible.

No firm orders from my end but I've put the price on here so I'm awaiting PMs. I'm in the UK til Friday and going to CPW tomorrow to see if the N95 is in yet and perhaps pick up a sim free 6300 as it looks like a nice replacement for my 6230i.

copacetic wrote:
    cheers for the update dre, I wandered around the various shops in dundrum today and not one of them had any idea when (or even if) it was coming out here.

did he say if any of the networks have been testing yet? otherwise it'll be months and months before we have any hope of it on contract...

have read about shortages alright as they are seeing massive orders in uk and apparently have put it on allocation and are ramping up production as quickly as possible.

No one is testing them yet but all the networks will be doing it soon.
    Theres going to be a huge shortage and this will mean the price will go up.Uk will get the phones first as usual.Its going the same problem as what happened with the k800.

Jrey uk wholesalers already have stock of n95, there around 560-570 euro but min qty applies as they trade huge stock in 100's and 1000's.

word is they're hitting the shops here on Sunday. I'll see what they say in cpw here in oxford tomorrow.

I can source them in smaller quantities, but bear in mind, loads of people will have pre-ordered with my source, meaning my order of 5 or 10 might be at the back of a long queue. Best to wait for price to drop and the hype to dye down. Also risk that early handsets will have software problems.

jrey1981 wrote:
    word is they're hitting the shops here on Sunday. I'll see what they say in cpw here in oxford tomorrow.

I can source them in smaller quantities, but bear in mind, loads of people will have pre-ordered with my source, meaning my order of 5 or 10 might be at the back of a long queue. Best to wait for price to drop and the hype to dye down. Also risk that early handsets will have software problems.

I donot think they will be here by sunday or the nokia guy would have told me as he is high up in nokia, the other thing he mentioned was the software problen in the first batch he said to wait a while an finally its all a hype at the moment so will take afew weeks to calm down.I think the price will fall down to around 450-500 in a month or 2.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

so any updates on the n95s folks?

Well most online retailers have them in stock, the bad news is the are retailing at €720 or there abouts. Im waiting till the price drops, hopefully in a few weeks when stock levels settle down.

Dave6195 wrote:
    Well most online retailers have them in stock, the bad news is the are retailing at €720 or there abouts. Im waiting till the price drops, hopefully in a few weeks when stock levels settle down.
    Bloody hell, the wholesalers have them for 570 max.These online retailers are going to make huge money and take advantage low level of stock problems

Expansys are the worst. They have around 80+ in stock and are selling them for €950 ex delivery.....

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote:
    Expansys are the worst. They have around 80+ in stock and are selling them for €950 ex delivery.....

Yeah they have always been the worst.They are bloody buying them for approx 500. :(
    Why cant we get them that cheap :(

Advertisement