Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone planning on getting an N95?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

drdre wrote:
    Bloody hell, the wholesalers have them for 570 max.These online retailers are going to make huge money and take advantage low level of stock problems

err, of course they are... that's called 'being in business'. it in't fair if you're the consumer but, if you're in business, you've got to reap the opportunities while they exist because soon enough the profit margin will drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Play.com have their stock in today but have messing me around with my credit check for nearly the last week. Something about computers that do the checks are down. Told last monday it would take 48 hours and they would email with the details.Heard nothing back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Do play.com ship mobiles to Ireland?

No they dont. My mate is living up the north and he ordered it for me. Going to take time to get it down from there too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

err, of course they are... that's called 'being in business'. it in't fair if you're the consumer but, if you're in business, you've got to reap the opportunities while they exist because soon enough the profit margin will drop.

Yes you are right , it is business.they have to make money from somewhere.Ah well good luck to them i wont be buying from them :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ill be waiting til they hit the €500 mark :(

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

expansys will not be doing themselves any favours in the long run charging more the €200 more that a lot of similar sites. Plenty of people on the forums over there cancelling orders and going with other suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

They were due to hit the shops in the UK today and they had the dummy ones in CPW and a Nokia shop in Oxford.

I'm trying to get hold of a 3110 for someone at the moment!!

jrey1981 wrote:
    They were due to hit the shops in the UK today and they had the dummy ones in CPW and a Nokia shop in Oxford.

I'm trying to get hold of a 3110 for someone at the moment!!
    Are you sure you meant 3110, thats an ancient phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

CPW has them for £99... sigh with a £35 contract. No chance we'd ever get a deal as good as that. I'm sure that in around 6 months one of the carriers will anounce that they will consider launching it. Then 3 months after that it will arrive 9 months late like every phone here but at a minimum 350 euro if you spend 60+ a month. Typical! And they'll probably say they are "testing the software".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

GUIGuy wrote:
    Typical! And they'll probably say they are "testing the software".

Man i hate the excuse. How come they are usually testing 6 months after the other networks in Europe have the phones released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Because Ireland is such a small uncompetitive market.

I'd say its probably because local networks still buy for their local market rather than buying at a global level. So Voda ireland has to wait for pent up demand to rise and price to drop before they will buy a batch from manufacturer. Of course if they were to bundle in and buy with UK then we'd get phones faster & cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I would say Ireland is a small and consequently VERY competitive market.
    A perfect testbed for new technology, but ....the phone companies don't see it that way. Less profit etc etc..
    Sony Ericsson saw the value in the small Irish ,market a couple of years back and they are doing pretty good now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone on here taken the plunge and bought it yet?

As i said a few posts ago I am having trouble with play.com at the moment but expect the phone within the week. Will post a quick review when i get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭PhilCurran

Dave6195 wrote:
    Anyone on here taken the plunge and bought it yet?

I'm waiting for mine to be sent by Komplett. I got the order in when it was only €550 :D

PhilCurran wrote:
    I'm waiting for mine to be sent by Komplett. I got the order in when it was only €550 :D

Have you got a reply from them, no way will you get it for that price.They will just get back to you and say pay more because its not even costing them that much.That was a estimated price they put up.Have you been charged by them if not then you got no come back.They are not obliged to send it to you.Keep us updated.

Is the N95 a hard locked (e.g. 6630,6680 BB5) phone or can it be unlocked by software. If i buy a uk bill phone can it be unlocked.
    Hope someone can help

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

my bet is itl be hardlocked, all the latest nokia's tend to be

jrey1981 wrote:
    For those who've pmd or asked here about a price, they're €699 + delivery or collect in Dublin city centre.

I'll only order once I've got definite orders for at least 10. I'm trying to get my hands on some Nokia 6300s as well as my source says they're selling like hotcakes in the UK.

Have you got any orders yet, Has the price dropped abit or not.I would be interested in 1 piece if you make a order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭PhilCurran

drdre wrote:
    Have you got a reply from them, no way will you get it for that price.They will just get back to you and say pay more because its not even costing them that much.That was a estimated price they put up.Have you been charged by them if not then you got no come back.They are not obliged to send it to you.Keep us updated.

Ha! They wish they could do that! The price you order at is the price you pay!

From the horse's mouth (Third post)

PhilCurran wrote:
    Ha! They wish they could do that! The price you order at is the price you pay!

From the horse's mouth (Third post)

Thats really good :) Hope you get it soon and not waiting long

drdre wrote:
    Have you got any orders yet, Has the price dropped abit or not.I would be interested in 1 piece if you make a order.

No price drop yet. Have two sources for them now but they're both the same price. With you and another guy and I might as well get one, that's three of us. Two more orders and I'll get them.

I should probably advertise or something.

jrey1981 wrote:
    No price drop yet. Have two sources for them now but they're both the same price. With you and another guy and I might as well get one, that's three of us. Two more orders and I'll get them.

I should probably advertise or something.

Just buy 2 more and sell them on ebay :)

I think I'll wait a bit to see if the price drops and get back to you.

jrey1981 wrote:
    I think I'll wait a bit to see if the price drops and get back to you.

Alright.Im just waiting to sell a phone once that sells i will get a n95.

Got my N95 about an hour ago. Seems like an excellent device. Im still trying out all the features. Camera quality seems very good. Built in speaker are very loud, much louder than my W950i. Downloading the rep of Ireland gps map now. Have to head to work now:( :( Also wlan connection is very quick and easy too.

Got my N95 about an hour ago. Seems like an excellent device. Im still trying out all the features. Camera quality seems very good. Built in speaker are very loud, much louder than my W950i. Downloading the rep of Ireland gps map now. Have to head to work now:( :( Also wlan connection is very quick and easy too.

Great news, So what did it cost you in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

GUIGuy wrote:
    CPW has them for £99... sigh with a £35 contract. No chance we'd ever get a deal as good as that. I'm sure that in around 6 months one of the carriers will anounce that they will consider launching it. Then 3 months after that it will arrive 9 months late like every phone here but at a minimum 350 euro if you spend 60+ a month. Typical! And they'll probably say they are "testing the software".

Note that CPW do them free on O2 UK with a 50£ per month contract. this includes a sat-nav 3 year connection, 700 UK mins, 100s of texts plus O2 UK's 80% discounts for international calls. But most importantly, O2 UK's version are NOT locked.

Works out practically the same as 499£ from play.com except you get a hell of a lot of minutes and you get to pay over a year.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    Great news, So what did it cost you in the end

A mate of mine that was getting it from play.com for me but he cancelled it and bought it sim free in CPW in the north for £499. Sold my w950i and creative zen and that more than covered the price.

Advertisement