Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone planning on getting an N95?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Might as well have got it with the SIM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

been reading posts by people who've got it on the forums on www.digitalspy.co.uk and it sounds really cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

A video review can be seen here http://www.smartphones-show.com/ .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

A mate of mine that was getting it from play.com for me but he cancelled it and bought it sim free in CPW in the north for £499. Sold my w950i and creative zen and that more than covered the price.

Frankmagnet,

Is yours the silver/plum or silver/grey colour scheme?

Waiting for mine to land wens. morning-its a silver/plum T-mobile(fingers crossed for the unlock code:D ), intrested to see a realworld pic. of the grey one?

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

glynf wrote:
    Frankmagnet,

Is yours the silver/plum or silver/grey colour scheme?

Waiting for mine to land wens. morning-its a silver/plum T-mobile(fingers crossed for the unlock code:D ), intrested to see a realworld pic. of the grey one?

G.

Are you sure you can get unlock codes for these phones.I donot think so as its latest nokia software :cool: Was it a bill phone you got or was it off ebay.

• Advertisement

#Elites wrote:
    you can get unlock codes, but only from the Operator..calculators and stuff dont work.

Yeah thats what i meant.What operator are you going to try get it from. Irish operators dont even have the phone yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The gps mapping is from teleatlas and is crap for Ireland.

Wheres the cheapest place to get a n95,Has anyone found a cheaper option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Give it a month or two drdre, I would say they will drop to around the €500 mark

Ordered one today from e2save.com....getting excited now.

Better deal than from CPW that had all sorts of nonsense about getting 30GBP back in Month 4, Satnav deal available/not available and other codswallop. e2save seems much clearer and cheaper.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    Are you sure you can get unlock codes for these phones.I donot think so as its latest nokia software :cool: Was it a bill phone you got or was it off ebay.

drdre-turns out the guy I bought it off(ebay, 420 Stg.) can get the unlock code off T-mobile for 15Stg., but they will not issue the codes for 3 months....Back to the drawing board..
    The real sickener is I will have it tomorrow, but swore on my life not to break the seal so I can get my dosh back-serious wilpower to be exercised tomorrow:(

Just got a mail from a guy saying his O2 upgrade will accept all UK SIM's-am I safe to assume this means yodafone/ho2 here will also be ok??

glynf wrote:
    drdre-turns out the guy I bought it off(ebay, 420 Stg.) can get the unlock code off T-mobile for 15Stg., but they will not issue the codes for 3 months....Back to the drawing board..
    The real sickener is I will have it tomorrow, but swore on my life not to break the seal so I can get my dosh back-serious wilpower to be exercised tomorrow:(

Just got a mail from a guy saying his O2 upgrade will accept all UK SIM's-am I safe to assume this means yodafone/ho2 here will also be ok??

Just sell it back on ebay, i was going to buy it from that guy for 420 and he said 20 to get unlocked but the way he said he is bull****ting.He said pay first and then afterwards i will see if i can get it unlocked.Im just going to wait and get it though a friend in nokia ireland,will find out in afew days if he can get it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

ordered mine on onedaymobile.com,BUT displayed as in stock,rang today to find out when its shipping and they said that its out of stock but should be in weds,and with me for friday,very unhappy camper now so i am !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

glynf wrote:

Upgrades from O2 UK are unlocked and any SIM should work. I got my Nokia N80 that way last year.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭PhilCurran

I just got an email from komplett today saying that the n95 won't be in stock till about april 23rd so I prob won't get it till the end of the month!

this is getting very tedious

PhilCurran wrote:
    I just got an email from komplett today saying that the n95 won't be in stock till about april 23rd so I prob won't get it till the end of the month!

this is getting very tedious

Thanks because the prices are going to fall abit at the end of the month. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

Got mine last week from http://www.clove.co.uk, rang them first to make sure they had stock.

Mine has just been dispatched from e2save.com -YAY! All last night they were saying they had not stock, but it will be with me tomorrow before 1300. An unlocked N95!! My Three Mobile Broadband SIM will be going straight into it....!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

MrB wrote:
    Got mine last week from http://www.clove.co.uk, rang them first to make sure they had stock.

good price! how are you finding it? Some of the forums saying that the GPS takes between 7 and 15 minutes to locate from a new position? My garmin only takes 20-60secs so this seems a bit off. Maybe an initial FW version?

got to hold one over the weekend and am not so sure about it now, it is certainly compact for what they have put in it but it seems a bit big for me to carry around everywhere.

am thinking about getting the w880i instead as it probably has everything I will actually use and is more portable. will have to ponder a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Cool! Just checked on e2save.com but couldn't find an unlocked N95 there, just a few branded ones with upgrade tariffs. I'm probably looking in the wrong place, will check again later.

There's a few other threads in here about 3 and issues with using their SIMs in phones that are not "3 branded".. wouldn't this be an issue here too with the N95? :confused:

• Advertisement

The O2 ones are NOT locked from CPW -that is what I ordered.
    There is no problem using a 3 SIM in them, this is just misinformation. I currently use my 3 SIM in a 6630 and v800 -both formerly locked to other nets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Ah okay, thanks. I see the O2 deals now on the site. They all seem to be sold with an O2 tariff.. trying to figure out how to just buy the phone SIM-free from there.. I'll figure it out. :D

Thanks for the info on the 3 and the ability to use any phone on their SIM.

I imagine you can buy the N95 sim-free from them (or play.com) for roughly 495GBP. You certainly can in CPW (of which e2save) is a part.. They come with generic software.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

copacetic wrote:
    good price! how are you finding it? Some of the forums saying that the GPS takes between 7 and 15 minutes to locate from a new position? My garmin only takes 20-60secs so this seems a bit off. Maybe an initial FW version?

got to hold one over the weekend and am not so sure about it now, it is certainly compact for what they have put in it but it seems a bit big for me to carry around everywhere.

am thinking about getting the w880i instead as it probably has everything I will actually use and is more portable. will have to ponder a bit more.

Yea GPS can be a bit slow, but once you've got a lock it works well, it's my first GPS device so I can't really compare. The size is grand for me, bigger then my old V3 but it still fits nicely into my pocket so no worries :)

theothernt wrote:
    Upgrades from O2 UK are unlocked and any SIM should work. I got my Nokia N80 that way last year.

- Neil

Thanks for clarifying that.

drdre wrote:
    Just sell it back on ebay, i was going to buy it from that guy for 420 and he said 20 to get unlocked but the way he said he is bull****ting.He said pay first and then afterwards i will see if i can get it unlocked.Im just going to wait and get it though a friend in nokia ireland,will find out in afew days if he can get it.:D

Bloody ebay. At least he is giving me a full refund..

But surely you must have known from forums such as this that there is no unlocking solution for modern BB5 Nokias (except with inside help)? In addition and not wishing to rub salt in the wounds, there is no way in hell that any UK Telco is going to hand over the unlock code after just 3 months for 15GBP. They will insist on the rest of the contract being paid up first and then they might do so -or they will just tell you to wait the twelve months, with some excuse that they haven't got/can't get the codes.

Meh, was worth a punt. Have not had any intrest in Nokia until the N95 was released-impulse buy etc. Anyway just got an unlocked one for 450Stg. so alls well that ends well.

Excellent!

• Advertisement

Horray! t'was like santa came on xmas day with an 'empty sac' but came back Stephens day for the 'monnah shot':D

Advertisement