Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone planning on getting an N95?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

MrB wrote:
    Got mine last week from http://www.clove.co.uk, rang them first to make sure they had stock.

Did you pay full price or export price?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

drdre wrote:
    Did you pay full price or export price?
    I only saw one price! I paid £510 (not including shipping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dirk_Swords

guys ... I have one on sell (generic software / warm graphite)

check adverts ( or send me PM)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

guys ... I have one on sell (generic software / warm graphite)

check adverts ( or send me PM)

You might want to re-price - I got a new one with 2GB card and delivery for €698.

You might want to re-price - I got a new one with 2GB card and delivery for €698.

Yeah dirk is just trying to rip people off. Jimmy where did you get your one and was it the silver colour?

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    Yeah dirk is just trying to rip people off. Jimmy where did you get your one and was it the silver colour?

Clove - export price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

drdre wrote:

Little harsh in fairness.

Little harsh in fairness.

I know what you mean but as i offer 625 for it and he said no.He is out there to make a whopper on it but its not going to work on these sites as we know where they are available and what price.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi Guys, anyone see N95's cheaper than Clove.co.uk's price???

thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/12703.htm

There's an icon in the top right corner to change the price to euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Dave6195 wrote:
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/12703.htm

There's an icon in the top right corner to change the price to euro.

If you add the Nokia N95 to your basket you'll see a notice saying it can only be delivered to a UK address :eek:

- Neil

theothernt wrote:
    If you add the Nokia N95 to your basket you'll see a notice saying it can only be delivered to a UK address :eek:

- Neil

You can still proceed - it will change the delivery to international later. They don't accept credit cards for Ireland though so bank transfer it has to be.

Hi Guys, anyone see N95's cheaper than Clove.co.uk's price???

thanks in advance

Can it be got for 430 or do you have to pay the vat.If you give irish vat number would they take it off.If they do then its a bargain.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

3 years ago, i had this problem getting a nokia 6600 and remember ranting about Irish networks at the time. Still the same bull**** here in Ireland today.

we get phones about 3 months after they're released in the UK and states.

rather than browse about and wait on these eejits to release here, i'm going to bite the bullet and order it from the UK. I don't care about the cost anymore, it's the time.

So one question. Does the phone come unlocked from mobilefun and can i use my o2 prepaid sim in it? :cool:

edit: just see on their site.. "This phone is SIM free and does not have any network locks..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

One of my sources has dropped price a tiny bit. I can now offer at €675, not inc delivery outside Dublin city centre and only if I'm getting at least 5.

Is the uk o2 phones unlocked or locked.
    I heard the o2 phones donot come locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi jrey, I am still in the market to buy one, can you confirm if its sim free unlocked etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I can confirm (since I have one) that N95s from O2 UK via CPW/e2save are NOT simlocked or networklocked.

culabula wrote:
    I can confirm (since I have one) that N95s from O2 UK via CPW/e2save are NOT simlocked or networklocked.
    Thats excellent news as im getting a o2 upgrade soon :)
    Hope its not locked.Im happy now :)

culabula wrote:

Have you had any software issue with yours?
    I have heard theres some software problems in a batch of them.:(

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    Thats excellent news as im getting a o2 upgrade soon :)
    Hope its not locked.Im happy now :)

I tried 20+ different SIMs in it without problems. Can't understand why everyone is always asking for settings and the Nokia site supplies them cos every SIM (3G) that I put in had its dedicated network settings (wap/gprs.mms etc) stored. Means that my dual sim holder on the way will be a godsend!

drdre wrote:
    Have you had any software issue with yours?
    I have heard theres some software problems in a batch of them.:(

Not really, but it's early days yet. A few crashes and one or two freezes -I imagine that that will be sorted with next firmware revision. It 'feels' that way. Some things are much improved, some things will need time for me to explore. Battery life rather suspect but I have it connected by USB to MacBook when travelling on the train.

One thing that is definitely very flakey is BT modem connection but I did manage a 2,3mb connection today. However it is very difficult to get it to connect and often it drops the connection. I am investigating and think a new script might solve the problem. Disappointed that some sort of icon doesn't appear when on HSDPA -I believe the RAZR v3xx throws up 'H'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

anyone else think we should taking over the marketing department of three in ireland . no wonder they have no customers . I think a friendly email might suffice , want more customers get the Nokia N95 on three as fast as possible and bundles some cheap mobile broadband deals. Cut the hippy **** ads and song shop and get some high net users.

PS . Subsidise the phone aswell and dont spend another 8 million euro on stupid ads.!

Aha! Seem to have sorted the bluetooth problem with a new 3G script for Nokia. Connecting every time and F A S T, just off Grafton Street!

tvr wrote:
    anyone else think we should taking over the marketing department of three in ireland . no wonder they have no customers . I think a friendly email might suffice , want more customers get the Nokia N95 on three as fast as possible and bundles some cheap mobile broadband deals. Cut the hippy **** ads and song shop and get some high net users.

PS . Subsidise the phone aswell and dont spend another 8 million euro on stupid ads.!

I was in carphone and they said the new lg prada phone might be exclusive to meteor, and n95 might be just with vodafone for a while :(

I saw a 3 version of it coming soon on 3 -the N95. They are also getting the E65.

culabula wrote:
    I saw a 3 version of it coming soon on 3 -the N95. They are also getting the E65.
    How much?

Verily and in sooth I have no idea, for i did not ask.

Fabtastic: have now been in a restaurant (eating thai belly pork) and connected for well over an hour without interruption -the first time this has ever happened. Almost no more gripes now :-)

Anyone in the Grafton St area? I'll stand you a beer......(Thai).

• Advertisement

culabula wrote:
    Fabtastic: have now been in a restaurant (eating thai belly pork) and connected for well over an hour without interruption -the first time this has ever happened. Almost no more gripes now :-)

Anyone in the Grafton St area? I'll stand you a beer......(Thai).

Connected to the internet? What network are you on.

Advertisement