Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone planning on getting an N95?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

3 Ireland HSDPA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

just ordered one.. full story on my blog.

Sim free n95, 2gb micro sd with card reader and mini sd adapter, screen protector film.... all delivered for €705.92 :)

beat that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

smemon wrote:

Sim free n95, 2gb micro sd with card reader and mini sd adapter, screen protector film.... all delivered for €705.92 :)

beat that.

Where did you get it for 676
    I got a good deal 625 inc delivery :) , should be with me by friday
    And getting the 2gb card soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

culabula wrote:
    I saw a 3 version of it coming soon on 3 -the N95. They are also getting the E65.

Where did you see it? Was it on 3pay or pay monthly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

smemon wrote:

beat that.

Could've beaten that price. €675 + €12.50 if you needed nationwide delivery.

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote:

All I saw was the handset in the hands of a 3 area manager with the logo on it -I had no discussion of price, tariff, 3bill or 3pay. Expect it in under 5 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

jrey1981 wrote:
    Could've beaten that price. €675 + €12.50 if you needed nationwide delivery.

that €705 includes the 2gb micro sd & protective film.

phone was bought for €676 including delivery from mobilefun.co.uk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

culabula wrote:
    All I saw was the handset in the hands of a 3 area manager with the logo on it -I had no discussion of price, tariff, 3bill or 3pay. Expect it in under 5 weeks.

Was it the 3 area manager who said 5 weeks? How reliable is the source? This would definitely make me opt for 3....

caster wrote:
    Was it the 3 area manager who said 5 weeks? How reliable is the source? This would definitely make me opt for 3....

The source is as reliable as a very long piece of string. I saw it, they have it, it's coming. But so too is Christmas and so is the USB modem which they told me was coming in late March/Early April.

Dave6195 wrote:

In the hands of an area manager. No details yet as to pricing or availability though it is now expected by the beginning of June.

• Advertisement

Contrary to what I have already posted it here, I managed to get it working last night with my X-series enabled 3 UK SIM. No charge for surfing, speed was reasonable.

It hasn't worked since and it's very difficult to actually get it working but work it did, all for 8€ a month.

Must try it in Dublin and see can I get HSDPA off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi there, I ve a possibility of getting the N95 through work.

I know it will be a bastardized version(No VOIP etc), but does anyone know when Vodafone Ireland will have the N95 for sale?

Thanks

I heard a guy say that 3 already have the n95 in stores.Can somoene confirm this please.I dont know if its true.thanks

I got mine today its silver at the front and plum on the back :)

But its still a nice phone, so im happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Does anyone know what colour the N95 comes in from Mobilefun.co.uk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

drdre... you got it from 3 or sourced it yourself? If from 3 how much are they.
    I was in o2 in Grafton street looking at the xda Orbit (320 to 420 Euro depending on contract) and the guy said o2 were planning to have in 2 weeks. That seems very fast off the mark for an Irish operator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

smemon wrote:
    that €705 includes the 2gb micro sd & protective film.

phone was bought for €676 including delivery from mobilefun.co.uk :)

Just got word from mobilefun.co.uk. They do not deliver mobile phones to Ireland. Of course, I was notified of this after they accepted my order and took my money.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

quintron wrote:

Thats a nice phone. I was thinking of getting it from the uk but i might just get it from here now.it looks nice and has some good functions

does the n95 only come in front silver and back purple?

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    does the n95 only come in front silver and back purple?

So far as I can tell, although the CPW in the UK are making a great splash about this scheme being 'exclusive' to them.

culabula wrote:
    So far as I can tell, although the CPW in the UK are making a great splash about this scheme being 'exclusive' to them.

Alright i got one and it was the silver anf purple and just wanted to know is there a phone just silver front and back

Did you get a 1 gb card with yours, as the website says it comes with no card.
    I got a 1gb card with mine :)

I did not: I was offered one free when I first went to buy one in CPW but then they wanted 30GBP upfront (refundable 4 months later). Got it from e2save instead where no money changed hands. Have yet to receive any info regarding the free satnav bundle.

But I already owned a 1GB card which resides in my horrid RAZR 3vxx; got a 2GB one from play.com as well.

culabula wrote:
    I did not: I was offered one free when I first went to buy one in CPW but then they wanted 30GBP upfront (refundable 4 months later). Got it from e2save instead where no money changed hands. Have yet to receive any info regarding the free satnav bundle.

But I already owned a 1GB card which resides in my horrid RAZR 3vxx; got a 2GB one from play.com as well.

yeah how does sat nav work.I just sold my n95 but im going to get a new one this week.

drdre wrote:
    yeah how does sat nav work.

Not sure how to answer that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

culabula wrote:
    Not sure how to answer that!
    this is how:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_navigation

Couldn't have put it better myself.

i know how sat nav works but how does it work on the n95, do i need a software or subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

drdre wrote:
    i know how sat nav works but how does it work on the n95, do i need a software or subscription
    You have to subscribe to http://www.smart2go.com/en/ in order to get voice directions but gps part is free (2 options get maps live via gprs/3g or store them on memory chip)

Advertisement