Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone planning on getting an N95?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

You have to subscribe to http://www.smart2go.com/en/ in order to get voice directions but gps part is free (2 options get maps live via gprs/3g or store them on memory chip)

Thanks, what website can i get them from to store on the card?
    Im asking these questions because i sold my n95 and going to get a new one this week so i want the maps before i get the phone :)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

drdre wrote:
    Thanks, what website can i get them from to store on the card?
    Im asking these questions because i sold my n95 and going to get a new one this week so i want the maps before i get the phone :)

Thanks
    http://www.smart2go.com/en/help/maploader

Thanks i will check that out, whats the irish maps like.are they even up to date :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

sounds interesting that O2 might have them in a few weeks as I'm due an upgrade in the summer.

Sim free price slowly dropping. I can now do them at €625.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

drdre wrote:
    Thanks i will check that out, whats the irish maps like.are they even up to date :)

It's no worse than any of the GPS systems I've seen. But then I haven't seen any with the latest Navteq maps.

I don't think rural coverage is that great but I find it great for around Dublin.

• Advertisement

It's no worse than any of the GPS systems I've seen. But then I haven't seen any with the latest Navteq maps.

I don't think rural coverage is that great but I find it great for around Dublin.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

I'm sure getting one... if only somebody could source it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭mackerski

Some more recent information about when the handset is expected to be released by networks:

Staff member in a Vodafone shop: Phone still being tested, won't be out for another 2 months, possibly longer.

Carphone Warehouse: Nokia rep (more optimistic?) had recently called, hoped to see it released by networks in a month. Vodafone and Meteor(!) mentioned.

O2 shop: the guy understood that O2 intended to support the handset, but had no clear information when.

Ok where is the cheapest place to buy a sim free N95? I got one last week from ebay but cant find a good deal again.
    I want to get another one as i sold the last one

• Advertisement

slith wrote:
    No No, thats too expensive,thats 780.Jrey is selling it for 625 and ebay its 550-600 euro

Has anyone a cheaper place to get it from

drdre wrote:
    No No, thats too expensive,thats 780.Jrey is selling it for 625 and ebay its 550-600 euro

Has anyone a cheaper place to get it from

Is he, 'cos I'm buying at 625, but he's not replying to my messages!!!!!! :P

slith wrote:
    Is he, 'cos I'm buying at 625, but he's not replying to my messages!!!!!! :P

He might not be online yet, he might be at work.

I know, I know. I've grown somewhat anxious about this N95. I should be more patient as I'm still waiting to get my money back from MF :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

drdre,

O2 UK preloaded all the maps on my micro SD, can zip all & send if you are stuck. The Dublin maps are OK, but it takes 2/3 min.s to get a sat. signal sometimes...Why did you sell the first one-loose slider? I ended up taking mine apart to sort it by bending the black runners with a pliers, then found this.

glynf wrote:
    drdre,

O2 UK preloaded all the maps on my micro SD, can zip all & send if you are stuck. The Dublin maps are OK, but it takes 2/3 min.s to get a sat. signal sometimes...Why did you sell the first one-loose slider? I ended up taking mine apart to sort it by bending the black runners with a pliers, then found this.

Yes i will pm you my email address, i sold my n95 as i got a GOOD offer on it that i couldnt say no to :)

slith wrote:
    I know, I know. I've grown somewhat anxious about this N95. I should be more patient as I'm still waiting to get my money back from MF :(

Why wont the refund the money.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

Vodafone Ireland will have them near the end of May, I spoke to them today.

O2 told me yesterday they don't have a date as to when they will have them in Ireland.

drdre wrote:
    Why wont the refund the money.:(

Could have sworn I wrote a reply to this already... I'm new here, I must have missed something, I suppose.

They will refund the money. But they are a very very inefficient bunch when it comes to communications. In fact, I have yet to see any worse.

I suspect they have no way of routing e-mails to the different departments, you never get to see their internal addresses, so your case is handled by a different person each time who seems to know nothing about it. I don't believe it would be very difficult to improve that.

Whatever the reason. I've already given them my bank account details 4 times. If they are as efficient acting on the transfer as they are on gathering the details, it is going to be a month before I see my money back.

As I am writing this, I got e-mail from them saying my money will be on my bank within 10-14 days. Wow. That's what I call fast. :eek:

I won't say "Don't ever do business with them", because you might have better luck, and they might have other products which they source and ship reliably. But I am certainly not ever again in my life doing business with MobileFun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

quinta wrote:
    Vodafone Ireland will have them near the end of May, I spoke to them today.

Just called Vodafone. He heard nothing about the phone:( .

• Advertisement

foobar wrote:
    Just called Vodafone. He heard nothing about the phone:( .

I emailed the corporate store off the main vodafone.ie site and they replied saying they will be stocking it near the end of May.

I've no doubt they will have it's just a case of when.

quinta wrote:
    I emailed the corporate store off the main vodafone.ie site and they replied saying they will be stocking it near the end of May.

I've no doubt they will have it's just a case of when.

Now we just need someone with equally reliable information off the other providers :P

slith wrote:
    Now we just need someone with equally reliable information off the other providers :P

Well O2 said they had no plans as of yet to stock it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

what's with the price on onedaymobile? it seems to be going up!
    komplett and expansys are nuts prices.
    uk sites I checked seem to insist on uk addresses.
    dates keep achangin for when the irish carriers hope to have them.
    I'm edgy about dropping €550+ on one from ebay - do I just have to wait or is there an easier way???

-Coley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yep the price on onedaymobile just went up yesterday. I order yesterday morning though and got it at the cheaper price:D (should be arrriving tomorrow...)

I wouldn't feel safe spending that kind of money on ebay too. Im sure there are plenty of safe, decent sellers but I just couldn't take the chance.

Kompletts price hasent moved in weeks, expansys did drop their price for a 1 or 2 day special last week and it was under €700, cant remember the exact price.

At the mo, Komplett have the cheapest price (when you include delivery) but their stock seems limited.

coley wrote:
    what's with the price on onedaymobile? it seems to be going up!
    komplett and expansys are nuts prices.
    uk sites I checked seem to insist on uk addresses.
    dates keep achangin for when the irish carriers hope to have them.
    I'm edgy about dropping €550+ on one from ebay - do I just have to wait or is there an easier way???

-Coley.

I got one on ebay and had no problems but some ebayers are dodgy so you have to know what you are doing.I have been a member for ages so know from experience as to what to look out for in a seller.Im on the look out for another one from ebay soon.

So whats the best way to get sat nav ont he n95?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Will MMS messaging work on it or will you have to DL form the Nokia site the relivent software configeration. Also does it com standard with the sat nav, r is that extra software?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

drdre wrote:
    So whats the best way to get sat nav ont he n95?

I think you have to download maps from a website onto the memory card and then it works...I could be wrong though.

Still got a few N95s left if anyone wants one! :D

Advertisement