Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K610i- 3 or o2?

• 10-03-2007 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi, im looking into getting a SE k610i, but im not sure whether to get it with o2 or 3. They're both the same price but the o2 version has i-mode. The 3 version would obviously have better 3G features. Does o2 even have any 3G support?

Basically, is one significantly better than the other or does it matter?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

hey i have got one of these..i would go with o2 as they are cheaper for phone calls where as 3 is a rip off...3 has better internet access though and o2 costs money..i should have gotten mine on o2 cause 3pay is too much to ring someone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

3 have better internet access? thats debatable... have you not heard of the walled garden, you can't access any 3rd party sites only their content (ok a few sites they have done outside it but that hardly counts their useless)
    Though as for 3's phone calls being a rip off I wouldnt agree especially on bill pay
    for €25 euro you can get 200mins to any network or 500 texts or 100 texts and 100mins
    seems very good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

3pay may be more expensive in the evening but they are much cheaper during the day.

With all the free video content on 3 I would pick them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

1huge1 wrote:
    3 have better internet access? thats debatable... have you not heard of the walled garden, you can't access any 3rd party sites only their content (ok a few sites they have done outside it but that hardly counts their useless)
    Though as for 3's phone calls being a rip off I wouldnt agree especially on bill pay
    for €25 euro you can get 200mins to any network or 500 texts or 100 texts and 100mins
    seems very good to me
    Has this not all changed now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

1huge1 wrote:

That doesn't really bother me, as all I would use it for is checking a few sports results here and there, and you get an hour free a day. Is I-mode expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

stev2604 wrote:
    That doesn't really bother me, as all I would use it for is checking a few sports results here and there, and you get an hour free a day. Is I-mode expensive?
    imode is charged 1c per kb so the same rate as all other wap/isp grps/edge/umts use. Bear in mind that you cannot install midp java apps on the imode, only doja java apps, which means basically 95pc of all java files all there are not compatible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

1huge1 wrote:
    seems very good to me

i would have to disagree on you saying that phone calls are not expensive.Yes billpay is cheap but 3pay is not.I had like 5euro left the other day and was on phone for about 15mins or under to mates and it was between a few friends and my credit was gone.Also i know some1 who had 10euro credit he rang someone and was talking to them for like 15mins and lost all his credit.

That billpay offer seems pretty good though..

Have o2 got any kind of 3G service available yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

stev2604 wrote:
    Have o2 got any kind of 3G service available yet?
    3G speeds in major urban areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ciaranfo wrote:
    Has this not all changed now?
    my appologies I fell behind there for a while
    the walled garden is gone and is replaced with add ons for €5.99 for 100mb
    €9.99 for 250mb and €19.99 for ''unlimited broadband'' (2gb)
    very good deal indeed

WarZoneBrother
    bill pay is a much better deal with 3 in my opinion
    3pay has its good points but its a lot more expensive in comparision to the likes of meteor

ive found ways of reducing my bill with the recent add on's so i'm very happy with 3 at the moment

especially since I renewed my contract they reduced my monthly tariff by 10%, gave me a free phone and a free 3pay sim card with €20 free credit
    and I was only on the €25 a month tariff (now €22.50) they must of made a loss off me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    my appologies I fell behind there for a while
    the walled garden is gone and is replaced with add ons for €5.99 for 100mb
    very good deal indeed

WarZoneBrother
    bill pay is a much better deal with 3 in my opinion
    3pay has its good points but its a lot more expensive in comparision to the likes of meteor

ive found ways of reducing my bill with the recent add on's so i'm very happy with 3 at the moment

especially since I renewed my contract they reduced my monthly tariff by 10%, gave me a free phone and a free 3pay sim card with €20 free credit
    and I was only on the €25 a month tariff (now €22.50) they must of made a loss off me
    maybe you're the only customer who doesn't constantly give out to them and so they're grateful :D

1huge1 wrote:
    €5.99 for 100mb
    very good deal indeed
    Does that work out cheaper than o2's internet prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

stev2604 wrote:
    Does that work out cheaper than o2's internet prices?

O2 data add on pricing can be found here:
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Price+plans/Pay+monthly/Data+pricing/

Just like with 3, you can only get these on a bill.

I got it with o2 in the end, very happy with it so far. I got it online, and they gave me a 3G sim with it, but when i put it in it says its "inactive".

How can i activate it and get my number on it?

Advertisement