Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy best Plasma For Me

Options
  • 10-03-2007 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

My dad asked me to look for a 32" hdtv and ive been looking but cant really make a decision. i tink i want to go with plasma as most people says its better.

i would also be connecting an xbox 360 so i would like a quality tv.

A lot of people seem to be saying samsung are the way to go but does anyone know of other brands that might be better such as the sony bravia or phillips.

And could someone please recommend the names of the models and good places to buy them, eg Harvey Normans or is the net better.

Id be willing to spend 1000-1200.

If any1 knows any good surround sound systems to purchase for good price would appreciate it too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

at 32", you cant get a plasma, its lcd only.... look to Sony or panasonic... to be honest panasonic tx-32lx60 would get my vote over the sony kdl-32s2510/30... the panasonic is cheaper, by about 200 quid but it has better picture imho... 999 in most places.... the sony will be round 1199... the sony has a pc input which the panny doesnt have...

but the panny has better picture i reckon anyway

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hey Moe, any info on the new Panny range? do they have a new screen and do you know how much they'll be selling for. Cheers.

i'll know in about a week...

Cheers.

panasonic new models...

New range for ireland is TH-**PV7, TH-**PV70, TH-**PZ700.

only model available in UK not in ireland is the TH-**PX700

only price is 1699-ish for th-42pv70.. the pv7 will be cheaper and the pz700 dearer.. so u can estimate the prices...

all plasmas now come with pedestals.

PV7 - 37" & 42" at launch, with 50" following at end of summer
    Available JUNE 2007

V-real Technology For Ultimate High Picture Quality

1080p Digital Processing Chip-Set
    1080p Digital Re-mastering Processor
    2,048 Equivalent Steps of Gradation
    Max. 8,000 : 1 Contrast
    HD Optimizer
    Advanced 3D Colour management
    Motion Pattern Noise Reduction

VIERA Link
    1 x HDMI Input
    High Quality Elegant Design
    PC Input
    pv7ped.jpg

PV70 - 37" & 42" at launch.. 50" following at end of summer

Available APRIL 2007

3,072 Equivalent Steps of Gradation
    Max. 10,000 : 1 Contrast
    HD Optimizer
    Sub-Pixel Controller

VIERA Link
    2 x HDMI Input
    PC Input

pv70cab.jpg
    pv70ped.jpg

PZ700 - 42" only

Available JULY 2007

Full HD plasma Panel (1920 x 1080 pixels)
    4,096 Equivalent Steps of Gradation
    Max. 5,000 : 1 Contrast
    HD Optimizer
    Sub-Pixel Controller

VIERA Link
    Digital Optical Output
    3 x HDMI Input
    SDHC Card Networkability (H.264 / MPEG2 / HD-JPEG)
    PC Input
    Advanced Smart sound Speaker System
    SRS TruSurroundXT
    Dolby Digital

pz700.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Hey Big Moe - you know where is best place to get Panny's cheap in Ireland / N. Ireland?

i'm looking at getting a 37" PX70 (your post mentions the PV70 in Ireland - is it a different spec?)

They are ~£850 in UK (€1300), but just found out will cost €300 shipping!!

Peats seems v. expensive!!

cheers

Great post Moe,

I like the look of the new range, especially the change from silver to black.

Have you got a chance to view any of these to check out the quality compared to the previous model?

I'm undecided at the moment, I was all set to go for a Pioneer until I read about Panasonic's new range. Now I might hold off for the 50". I still haven't read any reviews yet and I'm also waiting to see if these sets have the same problems as the PV60 range, purple snakes etc.

Any info on prices would be great.

thanks again.

brian1976 wrote:
    i'm looking at getting a 37" PX70 (your post mentions the PV70 in Ireland - is it a different spec?)

yeah the px70 has a digital tuner, and the pv70 hasnt.. but it has got a tuner thats compatable in ireland.

i reckon the the th-37pv70 will be about 1399 when it ships..

i'll know more about prices soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

brian1976 wrote:
    Hey Big Moe - you know where is best place to get Panny's cheap in Ireland / N. Ireland?
    Check Allience Electric in St Great Georges Street.

new panasonic lcds

LE7 series, LM70 series & LX70 series.

26" and 32" available in each series.

pricing:
    tx-26le7 €849
    tx-32le7 €999
    le7.jpg

tx-26LM70 €949
    tx-32lm70 €1099
    lm70.jpg

tx-26lx70 €1099
    tx-32lx70 €1299
    lx70.jpg

TX-26LE7
    TX-32LE7

TX-26LM70
    TX-32LM70

TX-26LX70
    TX-32LX70

moe

• Advertisement

also, pricing on the plasmas coming in for april. the pv70 in 37 and 42 are the only ones coming into ireland until june.

prices are €1499 for 37
    €1699 for 42

TH-37PV70
    TH-42PV70

moe

The prices seem to be cheaper on the continent.

The TH37PV70 is ~€1250 in Holland.

There is a TH37PV71 in Germany - any idea what difference in spec the PV71 has compared to the PV70?

need to get a tv ASAP as using a ~16" portable for last 3 weeks!!!:eek:

the prices are always cheaper on the continent. it may cost €1250 but how much is shipping going to be??

i see the pv71 on panasonic.de, it has the exact same specs as our pv70. maybe they have the pv71 instead of a pv70??

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hey Moe,

the alliance site says 1599 for the 42" is that correct? Also when in April will u get some stock? Early middle or Late?

Thanks

Snake ;)

snake, yes thats right.th-42pv70 full retail is 1699 but we have it for 1599. and middle april (hopefully!)

moe

Thanks for that Big M, you might let the forum know when you have firmed up delivery dates on them.

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Moe,
    Does the new line up come with the stand or is it extra same as the last model?

Just curious

stands are 500 quid.. not as expensive as last year but still fairly steep!

a nice inclusion in these mdoels is that they all now come with pedestals in the box. which were €229 in the last models

moe

Anyone interested in these Panny's should read the attached independent review it gets a Recommended rating which is good news http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PX70/

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Good Boy

Read that review snake and the specs say that it has a DVB tuner is it right,
    if so that's good I think for the future.

Regards

Good Boy

• Advertisement

No Irish version will not have a DVB tuner, which is a pity for us in the Dublin Area as they are currently runnig trials for terrestrial Digital TV and we would have been able to get the 4 basic channels on it. Maybe Big Moe can advise if these will be on the 700 model when it comes out in the summer.

Snake ;)

no irish version will come with the DVB tuner.

yes it will be handy for the trial (i have it through a panasonic dvd recorder) but when ireland launches its proper digital terrestial service it wont be the same standard as the UK, so tuners from england wont work over here. its due to the fact, that to get the signal to all of ireland they would have to turn up the juice on the broadcast which would interfere with the UK signal.

moe

Big Moe do you mean no it won't come with a dvb tuner or no it will come with a dvb tuner, also didn't the 60's come with one?

Thanks

Snake ;)

no panasonic tv marked for the irish market will come with a dvb tuner. the 60/600s didnt have a dvb tuner. it was replaced for a vhf/uhf tuner in the UK before its shipped over here.

moe

Can anybody explain what the difference between a 37" plasma tv, one with 1024 * 720 pixels, other with 1024 * 768 pixels, when used for standard definition viewing.

I presume that chip/software in one tv will have to do more signal manipulation before showing on screen (upscaling?)

Hey Big Moe, you work for a Panasonic dealer why can't you get onto them and say that customers are looking for sets with a Pal B,G & I tuner & DVB-T tuner, these sets are available in Denmark and other european countries so I don't see why we should be any different. Here's the Tech Spec from the Panasonic.dk site http://www.panasonic.se/servlet/PB/show/1247904/TH-37PX.xls

Snake

cos its panasonic uk that controls ireland. ireland is less than 10% of their of business so the way they see it is that "meh, be glad you're getting something..."

and as i said a dvb tuner is only going to be useful for the next few months. when the proper irish service is rolled out its going to use a different standard than the UK.

moe

anybody understand what the letters mean after the panasonic models

PED = pedestal stand

PV 70 E = ??? (is it screen only, with no stand?)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Was looking at komplett earlier and it shows the 42pv700 available from May. I've been thinking about getting the 600 series for a while but was going to hold out for this. Any chance they are talking about the pz model?
    I'm mainly looking for a tv that does good standard def but is future proof and has picture in picture. Any of the new panasonics coming to Ireland fit the bill, or should I just get last years model?

• Advertisement

I think the pricing on Kompett is way off as I reckon it will retail over 2K+ Not going to wait around for that, I see they have the 71 in stock in germany already saw it on Teknikdirekt tonight.

Snake ;)

Advertisement