Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brad Delp RIP

• 10-03-2007 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

55 is too young to die.:mad:
    wrote:
    Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55. Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play. Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death,
    The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/11215914/detail.html

Video for More Than A Feeling

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Its more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
    I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
    till I see marianne walk away
    I see my marianne walkin away

So many people have come and gone
    Their faces fade as the years go by
    Yet I still recall as I wander on
    As clear as the sun in the summer sky

Its more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)

When Im tired and thinking cold
    I hide in my music, forget the day
    And dream of a girl I used to know
    I closed my eyes and she slipped away
    She slipped awa y. she slipped away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

omg he died?im all sad now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's a damn shame. He had a fantastic voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

saw that last night, shame.

Get this into yiz :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BoG7xOZJk

****ing magic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Kickass. Rock'n'roll!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Underrated band though I'll admit to not hearing anything since Third Stage.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'd forgotten how cool they looked. I want one of those moustaches. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

That's one catchy riff in 'More Than a Feeling'!

RIP Brad, all round great guy.

"I was very saddened today when I heard the news of Brad Delp's passing away. We had the pleasure of touring with BOSTON in the late 1970s, and they were one of the few guest acts that I used to watch every night, before SABBATH took to the stage. A nicer bunch of people would be impossible to find, and a fantastic band and debut album, which still sounds as good today as it did then. What an incredible singer Brad was — one of the all-time greatest voices. He will be greatly missed."
    Joe Perry wrote:
    "The few times I did meet him, he was very down-to-earth and seemed like a great guy, without any of the ego baggage. He had one incredible, amazing set of pipes. He is going to be sorely missed in this city [Boston] and the music-loving world."
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

A mate told me this in the pub on Saturday, I was shocked. I always loved Boston and have all the albums up to Corporate America. Brad Delp had such an amazing voice.

If you ever get a chance to hear a bootleg called We Found It In The Trashcan, Honest, I'd recommend a listen to hear just how good a singer he was.

RIP

• Advertisement
Advertisement