Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batista - Thumbs down

• 10-03-2007 3:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I just watched Smackdown a few hours ago and all through Batista's match with Kane I couldn't believe this is the guy set to headline Wrestlemania.

There was a thread a while back about Kane looking sluggish and off the pace. Well, Batista was moving like Great Khali. In fact, he looked knackered and out of breath after his entrance was done. I've actually spotted him now and again coughing and trying to catch his breath after his big entrance. Who does that remind you of? A certain chap from parts unknown...

Watching him in the ring I lost count of the amount of clotheslines he gave Kane. By my count it was at least five. He looked like he was really struggling as the match went on.

Contrast this performance with The Undertaker later on who was moving like a guy in his twenties. He looks leaner and fitter than ever before.

I expected Batista would up his game after some recent poor matches but he looks as bad as ever. If this guy ends up ending the undefeated streak of The Undertaker then Vince McMahon is out of his mind. Sorry Batista - you're a joke.

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

don,t like batista at all,but i got to say he,s got the best muscles and build of all the wwe stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Before his injuries he was a perfectly acceptable big guy. Since he's returned, he's looked simply awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hawker27 wrote:
    don,t like batista at all,but i got to say he,s got the best muscles and build of all the wwe stars.

thats because hes steroided out of his mind,hes a crap wrestler too that match with kane last night was awful,is it just me or was kane a much better wrestler when he wore the mask? the kane 0f 2001 was a much better in ring performer than heis these days

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

What are the odds on Botch-tista losing the strap now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

It is true what mr nice guy says, that Taker looks like a guy in his 20's. That struck me also when i saw him move in the ring.

Batista---i dont like him in the ring at all. He should not have a belt. Its a crime to even see him carry the world championship belt and it bugs me big time when i hear people getting excited as he comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Never was fond of Batista, he has never impressed me with his in-ring ability or lack of. Just another of Vince pushing the 'big guy' i guess!

I agree that Taker is looker better than ever right now, especially for his age, continues to impress! Taker is surely gonna win at Maina. Can't see a guy like Batista breaking his WM winning streak!

I agree that Taker is looker better than ever right now, especially for his age, continues to impress! Taker is surely gonna win at Maina. Can't see a guy like Batista breaking his WM winning streak!

I'd be really surprised if they gave Batista the win too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was watching Raw yesterday evening, and the From the Vault segment was a Batista vs Kane match from late 2002. It wasn't a great match at all, I'm not exactly sure why they showed it. But Batista was much better then. Not great, but he could move around the ring a lot better. None of the constant stalling he does before every move now

I think I remember someone having a little argument with me on here about Batista's stamina a couple of years ago. I made the point that 3 minutes into every one of his matches, the sweat would be literally dripping off him and he'd be taking long deep breaths. Basically, he'd look wrecked. It's worse now I think

I kind of think this is proof of what good booking and a good opponent can do for an average wrestler. HHH got Batista over in a big big way two years ago, and it was a very well worked feud. It's a pity that Batista can't keep it up on his own though

Fozzy wrote:
    It's a pity that Batista can't keep it up on his own though

I think he's afraid too and thats why he look so tentative in the ring. One more shoulder tear and that could be it for him.

Again I'm not saying before his injury he was fantastic. But he was okay and with the right people (Eddie and Triple H), he looked good. Now, well 'Takers got a big job on his hands at Wrestlemania.

And its only my hunch but after all his problems with that injury I think its on his mind. It would be on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's what I was thinking during his match with Kennedy on ppv. He's torn the same triceps 3 times, hasn't he? He tends to get injured while he's already injured too, which is unfortunate. But you've also got to look at all these wrestlers who've been injured many times and they don't let it play on their minds

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    But you've also got to look at all these wrestlers who've been injured many times and they don't let it play on their minds

I think its easier said then done though.

Put yourself in his shoes. Your an established main event guy for about 2 years but injury has disrupted a good portion of that time. But your one tricep tear from it being all over in a second possibly. And your not 25 either.

So do you go out there and perform at top gear and risk all that comes your way or do you rely on your look and do you rely on your top position to help you coast a little bit?

Again I think he's horrible in the ring right now. But theres a reason why he changed from an okay big guy in November 2005 to an "all show and no go" guy since he's come back. I think that might be it.

Another theory might be something that Foley said in his book. He said something like it takes an awful lot of hard work to make it to the top but once you get there, you can coast a little. There could be something that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was listening to a Lashley interview on Youtube the other day, I think it was with The Sun, and they told him that Batista had said Lashley wouldn't make a good champion.

He replied that Batista had been living off his great push from years ago and that he felt he'd soon be found out.

I think that's happening now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

hawker27 wrote:
    maybe that has something to do with his previous bodybuilding career....just a suggestion;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I was watching SmackDown! earlier and the Kane/Batista match went on far to long. And WTF was up with Batista's clotheslines? They looked sh*t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

When Batista does the job for Undertaker at Mania I predict it will be the begining of the end for his mega push he's recived over the past few years.

IMO he's just another Lashley, no in ring ability, hardly has any electrifying charisma.... he's just older and more roided up.

I expect Batista will hit mid-card level for a year and become forgotten while Vince gives Lashley a similar mega push on Raw or Smackdown as the main ''big guy''

Advertisement