Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to apply for AIB Laser card?

Options
  • 10-03-2007 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to apply for an AIB laser card. Do I have to call into the bank? Is there an online form I can fill out like with a CC application (I can't find one on the website)? Can I write them a letter and apply like that?

I'll ring my branch on Monday, if someone knew before then though? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I believe you have to apply through your branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I just applied for one of Thursday.

Simply walk into your branch and tell them you have a banklink card but want a laser card instead :) Your banklink will be set to cancel in 2 weeks (after which it can be destroyed), and your laser card will come within that time.

Easy peasy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Right, so I should wait til I get back from my holidays :)

Does it have to be my branch? Or can I just go into another AIB?

Not sure of that I'm afraid. I went to my own branch cos it was convenient for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

ciaranfo wrote:
    Does it have to be my branch? Or can I just go into another AIB?

Any AIB should be able to process the request, they may just post it down to your branch or something, but they'll let you request it there. I requested mine on Grafton St even though my branch is down the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I phoned the phone banking number, logged in, pressed something to speak to an agent, and asked for a card, it arrived in under 7 days, and at somt stage my old banklink card stopped working (tried it in an ATM to make sure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeah, to answer my original question - ring Telephone Banking and they'll order it for you on the phone - did it today on my lunch break.

Cheers for the input lads.

Didnt know you could do it on the phone! :mad:

Advertisement