Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Thig Ná Tit Orm Mock Questions

Options
  • 10-03-2007 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

Did anybody do Maidhc Dainín - A Thig Ná Tit Orm Question in the mocks.
    Any help would be life saving. Its fine if you just reply in English if Irish is too slow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Dont recognise it. Which paper is it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

Its the alternative to an Triail. I just want to know the questions so I can prepare an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

Yea tips on the Madhic Dainin ceist on the DEB paper would be brilliant! Ive my mock on monday too! It must be da most boring story in the world!!!!! no wait actually maybe im forgettin Lig sin i gCathu zzZZZZZZZZZZ:p

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Now i don't know which one of the papers it was, but in our paper one, 2 of the aiste's were sleact ar na bóithre and cúltur na nGael

For a thig na thit orm, one of the questions was the differences in attitude between Maidhc's mother n father, and the other one was during the time Maidhc is abroad, he dosent lose his Irishness or his self-idenity.....

The two higher poems were Urchill an Creagain and Dan do Mhelissa....

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Hey all
    I did Irish three weeks ago and I got those questions. I did how he didnt lose his irishness abroad. Ive actually talked to Maidhc Dainin twice, last time was friday night last, and he said that what he doesnt stress in "A Thig" is how much of an effect the racism in America had on him (all as gaeilge of course!).. so theres an inside tip for ya. By the way you arent actually allowed to say in the exam if you've met him coz that gives an unfair advantage, bummer coz Ive loads of unofficial tidbits I could have used. Also anything you quote him for is seen as conjecture since it cant be proved. So basically thats just some background really, no use to yee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Mackleton wrote:
    Hey all
    and he said that what he doesnt stress in "A Thig" is how much of an effect the racism in America had on him (all as gaeilge of course!).. .

So it did have a major effect on him??I was wondering that, because there wasnt really much to go on for that question, he doesnt really talk about how he was treated.....

Met his son Paidí a few weeks ago....mmmmmm.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

According to him, the racism was incredibly bad for the black people in his day, his friend George in Sears Robuck got $10 less than Maidhc even though he had worked there for four years before him, just because he was black. Maidhcs take on this when I asked him was that we are all God's children and the colour of a persons skin makes no difference. (Here, here!) He also said that on the trip to the hillbillies factories in the towns of Mississipi were closing down simply because the white owners refused to hire the local black people. So it was played down to a big extent in the book, not sure why, I think Maidhc said it was because the editor thought too much racism/realism would kill the humour factor of the book. Once again folks, this is all useless for answers but its interesting all the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

lilmizzme wrote:
    Now i don't know which one of the papers it was, but in our paper one, 2 of the aiste's were sleact ar na bóithre and cúltur na nGael

For a thig na thit orm, one of the questions was the differences in attitude between Maidhc's mother n father, and the other one was during the time Maidhc is abroad, he dosent lose his Irishness or his self-idenity.....

The two higher poems were Urchill an Creagain and Dan do Mhelissa....

What were the essay's on paper one which came with this mock paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I can't do anything on this question at all. In fact, I'm so screwed I know I'm screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Did this for the leaving in 1998 there was a pink notes book with summaries etc which was published by folens. Probably out of print now; but if your teacher has been around a while s/he should have a copy of it. It was a godsend for my leaving cert. Good luck. They also focus on exam questions on poetry etc in Foinse each week (i read it as i'm from an irish speaking family).

• Advertisement
Advertisement