Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots in Cavan

Options
  • 10-03-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Am off to Arvagh in Cavan for St Patricks Weekend with the lads and was looking to see if anyone knows any decent spots around the area.

Will be targeting pike but the lads I'm going with are mainly into course fishing so the feeder rods will be coming too.

Anyone know any decent coarse swims near Arvagh?

Any info on pike hot spots would also be welcome:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

http://www.cfb.ie/fishing_in_ireland/pike/where_to_fish.htm

You'll be within casting distance of Lough Gowna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Where are you travelling from??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

i got attached to a pike on lough gowna (not the way you think) the trailing treble got stuck in my finger and in the fishes mouth...had to go to hospital :-( pike made it back alive though - about 12lb - im sure there are monster pike there as there is an amazing amount of coarse fish there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Chhers Adonis / Golfrex,

Gowna it is then! Seems to tick all the boxes.

I myself have also made the awkward drive of shame with a treble hanging out of my hand to à doctor

Advertisement