Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Sleeve Shirts as Casual Wear

• 10-03-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was wondering what you all think of wearing a long sleeve shirt for casual wear like going to college. I usually only wear long sleeve shirts if I'm going out to town on a weekend, but I was thinking that wearing one with a t shirt/jeans/runners would look good in a casual-but-slightly-smarter way.

I thought it'd be nice for when the weather starts getting hotter and I want something more than t shirt but not a hoodie.

http://www.gap.com/Asset_Archive/GPWeb/Assets/Product/410/410168/big/gp410168-00vliv01.jpg

GAP has some nice ones which aren't too 'loud' or in-your-face which is the type of shirt I was thinking of.

So what do you think of long sleeve shirts being worn as casual wear?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

i wear shirts into college some days, under a wool jumper usually or something similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

that kinda shirt is perfect for just going to college or hanging around in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

why not just look around you :D I mean everyone wears shirts like these in this country. I do, everyone i know does.. though i tend to go less for stripes and more for single colour shirts mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Thanks guys. I've seen people in these kinda shirts but only really at night time, but I do wander around in a little self contained bubble so god knows what I've been missing!

Would it be weird to wear a shirt like that to college without a t shirt underneath if you open a few of the top buttons? Somethin tells me it'd be too "rawwwr look at my chest" for the day time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

What do you think of the idea of wearing trousers, just casually? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Would also usually tend to wear a jumper over a long sleeved shirt, if worn without a jumper would usually wear short sleeves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Stephen12

Wheres the GAP shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭randomname2005

There is one in arnotts
    R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Bateman wrote:
    Would also usually tend to wear a jumper over a long sleeved shirt, if worn without a jumper would usually wear short sleeves.

Shirts only usually look good with v-neck jumpers.

imo long sleeve shirts with the sleeves turned up look a lot better than short sleeve shirts. Depends on the shirt obviously, but I think short sleeve shirts tend to look a bit common

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

aye, turn up the sleeves to just at the elbow and it'll be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 s3amus

No it would not be weird to wear a shirt like that to college without a t shirt underneath but just open the two top buttons.You could still have a v-neck jumper on over it or a Jacket

imo long sleeve shirts with the sleeves turned up look a lot better than short sleeve shirts. Depends on the shirt obviously, but I think short sleeve shirts tend to look a bit common[/QUOTE]

I agree about short sleeve shirts especially ones with very short sleeve

• Registered Users Posts: 15 s3amus

I'm want to get a shirt like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

I agree that I'd avoid short sleeve shirts, I'd just roll the sleeves up.

Are runners like the ones below with jeans grand with a casual shirt or does wearing any kind of a shirt call for smarter shoes?

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/sworld/cabinet/00255992/img22174030.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

samsamson wrote:
    Are runners like the ones below with jeans grand with a casual shirt or does wearing any kind of a shirt call for smarter shoes?

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/sworld/cabinet/00255992/img22174030.jpg
    I think it really depends on the shirt. There's casual and there's smart-casual. Casual would be fine with those, in most cases.

Those are colourful runners, they would be casual. But you can wear any shirt with jeans and runners I wear them often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I wear long sleve shirts the whole time. The problem with buying shirts for casual use is that oftentimes they're designed to be tucked into pants and are therefore a bit to long for casual wear.

I've been finding it really difficult to find nice casual shirts of late. I could go into river island but all they seem to have these days is lad shirts.

Also, if you want to look uber-casual you can always open the shirt (though make sure you have a t-shirt under it) I know its a very 80s/early 90s thing to do but it can work quite well.

Advertisement