Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Myers and Evolution.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Thanks for bumping this, I just saw another opinion piece by Mr. Myers on a global forum I use:Africa is giving nothing to anyone -- apart from AIDS
    They don't like creationists there. (and on religion polls it gets about 60% A&A)

Oh Jebus, I will have to try and force myself to read all of it later, I stopped where he said (the Irish population was reduced by 30% 20 years after the famine) and he seems to be in praise of that outcome. oh oh oh the poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I have a copy of Harum Yahya's Atlas of Creation. Frankly, it is one of the stupidest books I have ever laid eyes on, right up there with the Bible and the Koran. It is nothing more than glossy A4 pictures of fossils with the caption "This leaf is the same today as it was x million years ago. Ergo, evolution is false."

Later in the book it has pictures of Darwin, Marx and Trostsky all beside each other and alleges a communist-atheist plan to take over the world.

Worst of all, it's a terrifying alliance between radical Muslims and Fundamentalist Christians against science, specifically.

Kevin Myers has lost all credibility and is a joke. I remember reading a letter in The Times saying "Now that he's moved to The Independent, the quality of both papers will surely go up." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

pH wrote: »
    Bumping an old thread but it's a good one!

Turns out that a large portion of the book is taken up with comparing fossils with living creatures to 'prove' that evolution doesn't happen. Made even funnier by confusing things like eels and snakes and using pictures of fly-fishing 'flies' instead of real ones.

yahyaluresa6.jpg

http://forbiddenmusic.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/atlas-of-creation-by-harun-yahya/

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/01/well_fly_fishing_is_a_science.php

http://richarddawkins.net/article,2833,UPDATED-Venomous-Snakes-Slippery-Eels-and-Harun-Yahya,Richard-Dawkins

I have a toy T.rex, looks a bit like the ones that lived 66 million years ago.. EVOLUTION IS FALSE!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Galvasean wrote: »
    I have a toy T.rex, looks a bit like the ones that lived 66 million years ago.. EVOLUTION IS FALSE!!!! :eek:

J C should contribute his "Rhinoceros looks a bit like Triceratops" disproof of evolution for the next edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

pH wrote: »
    J C should contribute his "Rhinoceros looks a bit like Triceratops" disproof of evolution for the next edition.

He actually tried to convince me that the hint was in the name... rhinosaurus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement