Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terrys contract talks break down

• 10-03-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0310/terryj.html

Shockingly not on BBC, interesting tho as he either wants more money or wants out. He can buy out his own contract if he wants and walk for free at the end of the season, but who could afford him? Real? him and Cannavaro at the back?

Great player but like Cannavaro stick him in a team where hes not shielded and has players running at him and hes not so great ie England.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

not a hope of terry leaving the bridge,there could be contract talks not quite going smoothly at the moment between them,but its the press and media with there usual hype and blowing up nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

But he can buy his own contract, that new rule brings player power to a new level. Doesnt even a need a club to go (signing on fee and no transfer fee) so can become a free agent. If hes worth 20 million he can ask for that as his signing on fee and chelsea get nowt only his wages for the next 2 years back.

Unless you mean he is loyal ?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's probably mostly press hype. There is probably some issue due to the amount of money that Ballack and Shevchenko are being paid but I'd be relatively sure that a deal will be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Doesnt that Fifa rule only apply to players aged 28 and older?Even still theres no way he would leave Chelsea.Chances are this is either rubbish from the press or else Terrys agent is trying to get him more money,so he gets a bigger cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Anam wrote:
    Doesnt that Fifa rule only apply to players aged 28 and older?
    If you're under 28, as long as you've served 3 years of a contract it's unprotected and can be bought out. It's only 2 years for over 28 year olds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Well in fairness, if Ballack/Shev are worth ~£100k a week to Chelsea, Terry is surely worth a couple of million per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Terry was about to walk pre-abramovich until they gave him the contract he wanted. Crazy to hear about how he "bleeds blue" now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

It's probably mostly press hype. There is probably some issue due to the amount of money that Ballack and Shevchenko are being paid but I'd be relatively sure that a deal will be done.

That's how I'd see it too. I'd guess that his agent is stalling on a higher contract, happens all the time. More than likely the media blowing it up but couldn't see Terry leaving Chelsea - although would love a player like him at Man U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd say he's just waiting to see if Mourinho will still be manager next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ye agree with above, if mourinho leaves JT will probly go with him. They seem to love each other. It would destroy chelsea losing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lampard seems to be in the same boat. Football365 were reporting during the week that he wants assurances Mourinho will be there next season if he's gonna sign a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Collie D wrote:
    That's how I'd see it too. I'd guess that his agent is stalling on a higher contract, happens all the time. More than likely the media blowing it up but couldn't see Terry leaving Chelsea - although would love a player like him at Man U

Well according to rumours Utd were going to make a bid for him and Fat Frank pre they mafiya takeover.

Advertisement