Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War 2

Options
  • 10-03-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭

god of war 2 is coming out March 13th in America

any body getting it

im going to get it any way

looking forward to it

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The first one was very enjoyable (if not quite of the level some reviews made it out to be). Not sure if Ill buy the second one - looks like more of the same. That said, the video of the giant statue is pretty impressive - seems like a step up from the last one in terms of grandeur. All the American reviews have been positive, but I think I'll wait til I hear some more respectable opinions before picking it up. If theres not much to differentiate it from the first one, I might leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Probably the only game I'd even consider getting a ps2 for.

Tho I heard GoW was to be made for the xbox a while back, maybe it might make the next gen at somestage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

kaimera wrote:
    Probably the only game I'd even consider getting a ps2 for.

Tho I heard GoW was to be made for the xbox a while back, maybe it might make the next gen at somestage.

Not a chance since it was developed by a first party Sony team.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

kaimera wrote:

GoW = God of War / Gears of War.
    Lousy context sensitive acronyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Might get this, the first one was superb, see how the reviews pan out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

i can't wait. first one was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Aaarrreeesss!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've still never actually played the first one. For all the great reviews I have my doubts that type of game would appeal to me, I've never liked beat-em-ups or any sort of button-bashing, combo building fighting game. But I do hope to pick it up cheap at some stage to see what the fuss is about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're missing out. Unlike it's bastard hard brethren such as Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe, God of War is a much more forgiving and accessible game and thus a lot more fun. It's wrapped up in some of the most spectacular graphics and art direction seen in any video game and an excellent storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You're missing out. Unlike it's bastard hard brethren such as Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe, God of War is a much more forgiving and accessible game and thus a lot more fun. It's wrapped up in some of the most spectacular graphics and art direction seen in any video game and an excellent storyline.

Well said Retr0gamer! Really looking forward to this, will probably be one of the last ps2 games for me alongisde Rogue Galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

steviec wrote:
    I've still never actually played the first one. For all the great reviews I have my doubts that type of game would appeal to me, I've never liked beat-em-ups or any sort of button-bashing, combo building fighting game. But I do hope to pick it up cheap at some stage to see what the fuss is about.
    You're just like me, hate fighting games and didn't like DMC at all but God of War had me captivated from start to finish. I couldn't put it down and its very rare for a game to do that to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

does anyone know anywhere I can pick up the 1st one for cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

well, its on the platinum range now but if thats not cheap enough you could always try ebay.

I picked up the NTSC version (God Of War, new, unwrapped) for €15 including shipping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

yes!!preordered it ages ago!!!:D :D:D
    cant wait for that!!!YEAY!!!!

i actually getting the DEMO of Gow2(NTSC version,of course),for it is seems delayed to April in Europe??:( :mad: checked play.com

so far it is one the best ACT i have ever played ,and most importantly,it is made by SCE(SCE Europe though:D )

poor SCE...is it really that hard to get a compliment from me?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

sprinkles wrote:
    does anyone know anywhere I can pick up the 1st one for cheap?

25euro everywhere?i saw it in Game/Gamestop/HMV;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Oooh Now I have no excuse at that price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

While the first one is great and I do love it it is such a button basher! just constant hammering of square or triangle with a few grab and rip moves thrown in. very repetitive but i still love it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

im kinda worried that im looking forward to a game coming out on a 7 year old console far more than anything on the 360 this year,i loved the first game thought it was the ps2 crowning achievment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

When is GOW2 coming out? Wikipedia says March 20 for Europe, but play, Amazon and sendit.com aren't shipping until April. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

got god of war 2 from America and works superb on my american ps3

unreal game

the graphics are class for a ps2 game and gameplay awsome
    im hooked

• Advertisement
Advertisement