Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Streetpilot i3 registration code

• 10-03-2007 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭

I have lost the registration code for my Garmin Streetpilot i3 & therefore cannot register it on-line for map updates etc. Does anyone know how I can get this code?

+ anyone know if I can use Google Earth (or similar) to download locations to my sat nav?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If you contact Garmin support, and give them your GPS ID (serial number), they should be able to give you your Master Code. Do you still have the receipt for the unit? they may want a copy of it.

As to your second point, not exactly sure what you want. Can you use MapSource with your i3? This is the easiest way of pushing locations to the GPS receiver.

Also, for any location (e.g. in Google Earth, MapSource, etc.) you can get the GPS co-ordinates, and enter them manually into your GPS receiver (I hope this applies to the i3 too). Just make sure that you're using the same grid system / datum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If you contact Garmin support, and give them your GPS ID (serial number), they should be able to give you your Master Code. Do you still have the receipt for the unit? they may want a copy of it.

As to your second point, not exactly sure what you want. Can you use MapSource with your i3? This is the easiest way of pushing locations to the GPS receiver.

Also, for any location (e.g. in Google Earth, MapSource, etc.) you can get the GPS co-ordinates, and enter them manually into your GPS receiver (I hope this applies to the i3 too). Just make sure that you're using the same grid system / datum.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't have the receipt. When I bought it I decided to do a clean out of all packaging for all my gadgets and gizmos because they just take up space. The Garmin package never told me that I would need to have the registration number even when I registered on their site.

Mapsource did not come with my i3 & I cannot download it without the reg no.

I cannot input co-ordinates into the device, only precise addresses and cities... it is a budget unit so i dont expect too much.

You don't need the master code to download mapsource. you can download it here.
    Not sure if it'll work with your device though.
    even when I registered on their site
    If you did register on their site, then you can just retrieve the master code through the myGarmin interface. Can you save a Waypoint on the i3? If you can save a waypoint, and look at the co-ordinates of the waypoint, you can edit the co-ordinates and overwrite them with your chosen coordinates. This is how it works on a number of other Garmin devices.

You don't need the master code to download mapsource. you can download it here.
    Not sure if it'll work with your device though.

If you did register on their site, then you can just retrieve the master code through the myGarmin interface. Can you save a Waypoint on the i3? If you can save a waypoint, and look at the co-ordinates of the waypoint, you can edit the co-ordinates and overwrite them with your chosen coordinates. This is how it works on a number of other Garmin devices.

You are right, I have been able to download mapsource, but cannot access the maps on the device, without the number.

The site allows you to register, without giving a reg. code. I have never used the code...

I'm afraid you're at the mercy of the Garmin Support team.. Did you pay by credit card? You could always go back to the shop where you bought it, and see if they can produce or reproduce a copy of the receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Just mail Garmin, I've found their support very good. I bought a display unit so didn't get the documentation or packaging and therefore the registration code so Garmin sent it to me, there's no need for a receipt.

Emailed them on Saturday, still waiting for a response. But I am sure its on its way.

I suppose I'm very lucky, my younger bro, gave me his staff discount so it was less than €100. I'm just silly for not keeping the documentation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

link to garmin support services!!
    http://www.garmin.com/contactUs/techSupport.jsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Got my reg code straight away today by ringing Garmin on
    +448708501242

No point emailin em .....still waitin a week later!!

Advertisement